You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00025 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srimathe Ramanujaye namaha
Dear Mukundan / Ramanuja Srivaishnavas
Adiyen would like to clarify one pAsuram of Thondaradipodi Alwar in
ThirumAlai, am writing with big heart that some one had insulted my Acharya
and this is the pAsuram most fit to him
ThirumAlai Pasuram #8
------------
verupodu samanar mundar vidiyil sAkiyargal ninpAl
Porupaniyagal pEsil povathe Noya Thagy
kuripenak Kadayu Magil Koodumel Thalay Ange
Arrupathe karumam Kanday Arangama Agarulane
---------------

explanation
veupodu- Those who cannot listen to Bhagavad vishayam
samanar- kShamanargal
mundar- Saivargal
vidy il- Bagavad samArayana Bagyam Illathavargal (Unfortunate people who
dont have chance to have Samasrayanam)
Saakiyargal- Bugghist
Poruppu Ariyanagal- Porruka Mudiyatha Vishayangaly (issues which cannot be
tolerated)
pEsil- Solluvar agil ( if they talk)
Aduve Noyagi - That nindaye ViyadiyAgy (let that Apacharam itself be great
disease)
Povathu- Mudinthu Povathu sirandhadhu (better let them have their end)
else
enaku- Bagavad dooshanam poratha enaku ( self, who can not tolerate such ill
treatment)
kurippu Adayum Agil - Tharunam vAykkumAgil ( If I get a chance)
Koodumel - Sakthyum iRRukkumAgil (If I have the valour)
Ange- Bhagavad Nindhy Seydha idathileye ( on that place where Bagavad
illtreatment took place)
Thalayi Arrupathe - To shave off his head
karumam kandAy- Seyya Thakka Kariyam

This one Alwar prays to SriRanganathan, I am also praying to Him who is in
our Ghosty (syshya of MMunigal) .
One can ask whether its Ok for pAsuram , can it be practiced, I wish to
quote from KoorathAlwan Vaibhavam ( I collected from Dr.V.V.Ramanujam book)
When KoorathAlwan lost his eys in the Kings court, due to NaloorAn, Ramanuja
got so angry and this pAsuram was the one he recited before namPerumAl, Also
came to know that Ramunaja did one Yagam to make the Saiva King
powerless(nAsam adya seyyum yagam) , The underline meaning was , if King
continues to be like that , he will do more Apcharam, we should think that
the Ramanuja's act was to favor the king only.

Coming back, I dont consider this Anand Karalapkkam swamy none other than
Samanar, Saakiyar, and also he is a nAlooran . So let me pray to
KoorathAlwan to have one more Sthavam for this xxx( I dont want to put him
in the Bhagavda list) which is the only way for him to attain moksha after
doing such Acharya nindanam.

(After finishing Varadharaja Sthavam swamy prayed for naloorAn's mookthi,
---- "nalooran thanaku mukthi nalginan vazhiye" , this got a seperate
reason..)

I dont consider this as an Bhagavada Apacharam as you know my stand already
and also one more verse of Sri Embar swamy flows across my mind..
"ellai enakethir ellai enakethir" when Embar was in praise of Swamy
Emberumanar.

Similarly I am proud of my Acharya and no reason why I should shy away when
some castigates my Acharya as "alpa budhhi".

Mukundan- I am also thinking that we should write to malolan-net moderators
to not to approve of any such kind in future .

I will come back on the Yadindra pranava prabhavam soon, ..

can some one suggest me can we reply jointly to that gentleman about where
we stand , not thru mailing list...

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan
Gunaseelan Venkatachary
Ph:408 588 6672