You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00071 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrImatE rAmAnujAya namaha

Dear bhagavathas,

Today is the most auspicious day of the year in the lives of Sri VaishNavas.
It is the birth day of swamy emberumAnAr, our Acharya Sarvabhowma, whose
life (and works) was the beacon that dispelled the darkness of all forms of
agnyAnam (anyatha, apArtha et al) and brought us closer to the ultimate
purushArtham, realization of our eternal association / relationship to
emberumAn.

On this momentous occasion, We are honored and delighted to announce the
next live upanyaAsam
(discourse) inTamil by Sri U Ve E S Bhoovarahachar Swamy. Regularly, this
upanyAsam would delve into the meanings built into parAshara bhaTTar's ashTa
shlOki, but this time, Sri Bhoovarahachar swamy will introduce us to the
veriable nectar represented by the life and philosophy of Swamy.

When it comes to Swamy Ramanuja, our poorvAcharyas have felt a sense of
inadequacy of expression, because when dwelling on emberumAnAr, the feeling
engendered always was one that highlighted the inability of the spoken (or
written) word to adequately capture the joy of association or wonderment
stemming from our relationship with emberumAnAr. Association/awareness of
the emberumAnAr's greatness is captured beautifully by Thiruvarangathu
Araiayar swamy in this evocative composition:

paRpamenathigaZh painkuzhalundhan pallavamE viralum
pAvanamAgiya painthuvarADai padhindha marunkazhagum
muppuri nooludu munkayilEndhiya mukkOl thannazhagum
munnavar thandiDU mozhigaL niRaindhiDu muruval nilAvazhagum
kaRpagamE vizhi karuNai pozhindhiDu kamalakkaNNazhagum
kArisuthan kazhal soodiya mudiyum kana naRchigai mudiyum
Yeppozhudhum yethirAsan vaDivazhagu ennidhayaththuLadhAl
illai yenakkedhir, illai yenakkedhir, illai yenakkedhirE

Sri Bhoovarahachar swamy's upanyasam on saturday is sure to impart us a
sense of what araiyar swamy extolls as 'the inimitable state' (Since I have
the incomparable beauty of the king of yathis etched in my heart, I am
compelled to feel that nothing equals my state of joy).

TOPIC: Sri Ramanuja Vaibhavam
DATE: April 20, 2002 (SATURDAY MORNING)
TIME: 10:00 AM CST/8:00 AM PST
Suggested donation: $10 per family
(http://www.radioramanuja.com/lectures.htm)
LANGUAGE: Tamil

Conference number: 1-405-244-5555
Access code: 1533# (Please enter # after the 4 digit number)

AzhwAr emberumAnAr Jeeyar thiruvadigalE sharaNam

aDiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan,

sridhar srinivasan
(pataps@xxxx)