You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00074 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear BhAgavatas,

On this Thirunakshaththiram day of Sri Ramanujar,
adiyen would like to post a few verses on
Emperumanar and his avathara sthalam by Sri
Manavala Mamunigal and a rather poor and simple
translation of the same. I ask for your forgiveness
for the poor quality of translation and request you
all to refer to our acharyas works on the same to
understand the true meanings and the thiruvuLLam of
Sri Manavala Mamunigal. I request you also to kindly
correct any mistakes that I would have made.

--

inRO ethirAsar ivvulagil thOnRiya nAL!
inRO kaliyiruL neenku nAL - inRO thAn

Today is the day Sri Ramanujar was born in this world.
Today is the day the darkness of the Kali yuga was
removed. Today is the day of upliftment of those who
live by the Vedas and praise of the Lord's (lotus)
feet and the day of the suppression of those who
question the true meanings of the Vedas.

--

ithuvO perum_poothoor! ingE piRanthO
ethirAsar em idaraith theerththAr! ithuvO thAn

This is Sri Perumbudur. Here it was that Sri Ramanuja
was born and removed our sins. This is the place whose
lofty fame equals that of Thirunagari (Azhvar
Thirunagari or Thiru Kurugoor).

--

en^thai ethirAsar emmai eduththaLikka
van^tha perum_poothooril van^thOmO! - sin^thai

Have we reached Sri Perumbudur where Sri Ramanuja was
born to lift us all (to the Lord's lotus feet). Is it
by confusion of the mind (sheer luck?) or is it by the
Lord's grace that we have attained this lofty goal.

--

inRulageer! ciththiraiyil, Eyn^tha thiruvAthirai nAL
enRaiyinum inRithanukkERRamen thAn - enRavarkkus

Today, people of this world is the blessed
Thiruvadirai day in the month of Chiththirai. For
those who question, why this day is to be considered
a greater day than any other, I tell this, listen: it
is so because this was the blessed day in which Sri
Ramanuja was born and therefore is celebrated by
everyone in every direction.

--

AzhvAr^kaL thAnkaL, avathariththa nALkaLilum
vAzhvAna nAL namakku maNNulageer! - Ezh pArum

This Thiruvadirai day in Chiththirai is a day of
greater importance than even the days in which the
Azhvars were born. The reason being, this was the
day in which Sri Ramanuja was born to save the seven
worlds.

--

en^thai ethirAsar, ivvulagil en^thamakkA
van^thuthiththa nAL ennum vAsiyinAl inthath

Our Sri Ramanuja was born in this world for us on this
Thiruvadirai day. As such never forget the greatness
of
this day, O mind, and forever celebrate it.

--

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan