You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00093 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

THIRUVALLIKENI-7(CONCLUSION)

sri parthasarathi thunai,
srimathe ramanujaya namaha.

pranams,

This is my last posting about Thiruvallikeni.Let me
conclude giving you all the divya darshan of the
emperumans on the day after the brahmotsavam.The
brahmotsavam ends with the theertha vari.Then the next
day utsavam is called 'saptha varanam'or dhvadasa
aradhanam.This is customary to brahmotsavam in any
divyadesam.In srirangam the emperuman who has gone out
to do divya leelas during the brahmotsavam comes back
into the seven avaranas and reaches his sannadhi on
this day.That is what this day actually symbolises.As
the sannadhi is considered as vaikundam and emperuman
comes out of the saptha avaranas or lokas and comes to
leela vibhuthi to perform his leelas, at the beginning
of the brahmotsavam and returns back ,after finishing
his leelas to his resting place(sannathi/vaikundam)on
the day of Saptha varanam.This is known to many of us.
But there is one thing different in
thiruvallikeni.Here you know who the saptha avaranas
are? The seven sannadhi moorthis.Sri parthasarathi
,Sri Andal,sri ranganathar,Sri vedavalli thayar,Sri
ramar,Sri varadharajar,and sri Azhagiya singar.The
sapta varanam day is the only day in thiruvallikeni
when we can have darshan of all the moorthis in a
single mandapam with all the divya alankarams.The
satupadi in thiruvallikeni needs a separate post.The
way the emperumans and thayars are decorated cannot be
explained with words.Even to see parthasarathi alone
fully in his full alankaram it is not possible with
full satisfaction.As kamban says "Thol kandar Thole
kandar".If u look at his shoulders ur eyes stays over
there and so u are unable to see the other beautiful
parts.
"nadai azhaghu,vudai azhaghu parathasarathi vun
azhaghukinai nee thane parthasarathi" (ur style of
walk is beauty,ur dressing is beauty oh parthasarathi!
There is no one equal to your beauty and to your
beauty
only your beauty is equal)This is what comes to my
mind
when I think about the beauty of parthasarathi.
Not only parthasarathi each emperuman in
thiruvallikeni has their special charm and
beauty.Imagine the collection of beauties in a single
place. Even with alangaram they are beautiful then
imagine them with all divine alangarams with beautiful
garlands and also surrounded by bhaktha garlands like
the alwars and acharyas.No I real loose myself when i
think I am going to miss this sevai this year.But if
anyone can make it up please do because this is the
day you will be able to see all the moorthis is the
temple in a single place.
Next let me proceed with the happenings of that
day.All the perumals and thayars have thirumanjanam at
the same time and then alangaram is done.Then the
thiruvaimozhi ghosti starts and then there is dhvadasa
aradhanam.At the end of each pattu in thiruvaimozhi
there is a aradhanam.It is excellent to see the
perumals in the light of the deeparathi.Then the last
aradhanam is done and then comes the highlighting
feature of the day.U may be wondering what it is? It
is the sattrumarai. No one can stay without loosing
their heart when the last pasurams of the
Thiruvaimozhi "Soozhvisum pani mughil" and "Muniye
nanmugane" are recited.The sound of the ghosthi will
pierce into our hearts.I am searching for words to
explain the anubhavam but sorry it is absolutely not
possible for words to explain.Then teertham and sadaru
are given.Then we can have the darshan of all the
emperumans in close and get their blessings then other
emperumans and alwars and acharyas return to their
respective sannadhis and
parthasarathi/azhagiyasingar(depending on whose
brahmotsavam it is) goes to thiruveedhi purapadu in
the vettiver sapparam.
The utsavam thus ends leaving everyone sad that the
utsavam has come to an end and that now we have to
return to our normal routine as for the 10 days the
minds of all the thiruvallikeni vasees was full of
thoughts about perumal and his utsavam only.After the
parthasarathi utsavam there is a relief that in 2 more
months narasimhar brahmotsavam will come which has
all the same happiness in store but after narasimhar
utsavam it is a long wait for the next parthasarathi
utsavam.Though there are many other utsavams in
between still brahmotsavam has its speciallity.
I thought that this posting will be a small one
being the conclusion but parthasarathi has made this
also a long posting only.Let me now end with the
pasuram of thiruvarangathamudhanar in Ramanuja
nootrandhadhi,
"Iyalum porulum isayathoduthu eenkavigal
mayal konduvaizhtum eramanusanai madhi inmayal
payilum kavigal pathi elladha en pavinenjinal
muyalgindranan avan than perum keerthi
mozhindhidave".
Here amudhanar talks showing his
naichyaanusandhanam(the foremost quality of a
srivaishnava).He says though there are so many
scholars to praise the acharya ramanuja with all the
excellent talents they have in the language ,I due to
my ignorance ,am trying to sing the praise of the
acharya.Amudhanar did possess the excellence which is
clear from his pasurams but still he shows his lowness
which proves him to be a srivaishnava.It is also a
path shown to us.But adiyal really is full of
ignorance.When there are so many scholars and learned
people in these groups adiyal with all my
ignorance,but with the aarvam(interest) to do
something has taken this effort.
Periyazhwar says"vakku thooimai elamaiyale narana
vunnai nakkollamattene" He says since My words are not
pure I will not talk about u but he doesnt stop with
that but continues singing about the
emperuman.Similarly though adiyal realises that I am
not elligible to post about Balaramanujan's (sri
parthasarathi) divinity and about his divya desam
still i continued since I was attracted by the sweet
anubhavan while posting these articles.
May the divine grace of the divya dampathis and the
ashirvadams of the bhakthas and bhagavatals of this
group give me the strength and knowledge to post more
articles as a kainkaryam to the sri vaishnava society.
May all my mistakes ,done knowingly or unknowingly
be pardoned by all the members of the group and also
my the divya dampathis themself who are flooded with
apara karunyam.

adiyen ramanuja dasyai
sumithra varadarajan