You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00003 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear moderator

please note that the sentance to which you objected reads "BLIND following
of Shastras is reactionary" - none of the acharyas would agree that the
shastras should be followed unquestioningly - please note Manu - "yas
tarkena anusandhatta sa dharma veda netara" - Dharma is discerned through
investigation based upon discursive reasoning - there is no other way.
Krishna Gitacharya has told us - buddhau saranam aniviccha - take refuge in
reason. My intention is that reason must be applied to shastra - what I am
rejecting is all BLIND and superstitious following of shastra.

Thank you

Sri Rama Ramanuja Acharya

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia