You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00043 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear Sri Amshuman Swamin,

adiyEn's praNams.

adiyEn did not want to post on this subject before
because of the strictly personal opinion that
discussions of this nature are best conducted with
an acharya or a scholar directly. But adiyEn wanted
to make one quick post and then stop.

It appears to me that you are approaching this topic
from an agnostic view point (forgive me if I am wrong
in this thought) rather than as a follower of Ramanuja
Sampradhaya. adiyEn remembers Sri PBA Swami's point
in one of his articles where he mentions that one
has to take a stand based on one's conviction. Having
done that there is no need to try to think of
everyone's view on that topic.

What we need is complete faith in Sriman Narayana, in
our sampradhayam and why we are here today and
following what we do. If we start thinking that others
too are equally right because they are convinced by
what they do, then we will get nowhere.

Other religions might propagate fast - but this too
is His leela. Azhvar says "elleerum veedu peRRAl
ulagillai enRE". Therefore, it is His game to keep
this world going as it is. That does not mean, we
simply do nothing. We need to follow what our
acharyas and scholars teach us and continue to do
our duty.

Finally, there is a leap of logic in saying that
since we cannot comprehend the universe, the
universe is practically meaningless. The statement
by Smt Nappinnai clearly had implied that the
universe cannot be fully comprehended by us who are
a small part of it. It is however well understood
by one who Himself is the universe. Therefore, it
is meaningful to at least one. And, certainly there
are others (in many worlds) who have a far greater
understanding than us of the universe. The danger
lies in thinking that with our limited faculties
and tools that we can comprehend everything; and
when failing to do so, give up and say that the
whole thing is meaningless.

adiyEn did not mean to hurt your feelings by this
post. So kindly accept my apologies if I did so in
any way.

Azhvar Emperumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan