You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00061 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Due to the length of the post, I would keep this short and will
pursue this post in private with you. But I have few things to
explain though:

> If it is not a "real" sita,then it is a pseudo/falso/imaginary
> sita. So I said "it" has the touch of advaitham in this context.
This is completely wrong. Lord played in such a way in the
Krishnavatharam with Kamsan. The actual lord was taken out by
vasudeva and the maya was brought in. How did this happen? "Maya"
does exist. The concept of advaitam is regarding the entire universe
being treated as the MAYA. This is completely different from the Loka
Maya who, is an amsam of the Lord, who DO EXIST and we are all in the
leela vibhuthi due to a significant contribution from her. We do see
illusions and hence percpetion is not reality. But, reality as is
exist. What we perceive may or may not be reality and hence
perception need not be the same as reality. If you bring in the
concept of perception is reality then you are unknowingly advocating
the atheist perspective i.e we don't perceive god and hence he does
not exist. Gaudia concept of Sita is different for some reason. That
is the bottom line. We don't need to accept them as authentic and in
fact that is what I said.

But, your post seem completely self contradictory.
> If not "the disciplic succession" is broken and hence can not be
> claimed as "authentic". Sri Prabhupada can not introduce his own
> ideas to suit "some foreigners".

If this were the case, why are we even discussing their school of
thought?

>...AcAryas on the web then we get benefitted. If not, sometimes this
> type of external philosophies help our own guys/gals(like
> me/soundar) to develop unfliching faith in our sampradayam.

This statement conflicts with the first previous one. If you stick to
Shri Ramanuja sampradayam, you don't have to go anywhere else. If you
are not, then you need to get information from other places. Without
understanding either one completely, how will you know which one is
right? It is not a good practice to evaluate all the theories at the
same time. In US they have a famous saying:) How do you eat an
elephant - ONE BITE AT A TIME... Either one must completely follow
Gaudia or Shri Ramanuja sampradayam. Bottomline is the faith in a
sampradayam that will automatically take us to the next inner circle
of higher knowledge.

> Sri Prabhupada can not introduce his own ideas to suit "some
> foreigners".
Right! But, when will you know this? Only when you know the Ramanuja
Sampradayam completely. Remember, this could be used against even our
sampradayam from a logical perspective. People who do not have faith
in our sampradayam might say that Shri Ramanuja introduced his own
ideas to suit "some south indians". So, this would end up only with
an argument and not with a solution. Whatever sampradayam one wants
to follow, one must stick to that. On one side you say that external
philosophies help you in having more faith on the sampradayam and on
the other side you are saying that those external sampradayams are
not "authentic". I don't see a point. My point was that, if another
philosophy is wrong, so be it. We do not need to make fun of that or
speak wrong of them. But, if someone who follows that philosphy
raises a question against our sampradayam, then we would have to be
prepared to explain it based on our purvacharya granthams. That is
why our philosophy still stays as it had been for zillions of years.
We don't go and preach. We don't convert. When people come to our
acharyas by bhagavan's krupai, they take over.

"avar avar thamathamadhu arivari vagai vagai
avar avar irayavar ena adi adaivargal
avar avar irayavar KURAIVILAR irayavar
avar avar VIDHIVAZHI adaya nindranare" - Nammazhwar.

> You should have thought of Sri KUraththAzhvAn(prayed for nAlUrAn)
> and prayed to PerumAL that whatever feast you experienced that
> other saha bhAgavthAs(with j~nAnak kaN)also sould experience the
> same instead of expressing your regrets:-)

Last but not the least, I did pray the lord for everyone, but it has
no relevance to my statement "my regrets for those who missed it"
because, what one missed stays as it is - "Kariyavanai kaanaadha kan
enna kanne, kan imaitthu kanbar tham kan enna kanne". I requested
couple of my friends to attend this function that is a rare
oppurtunity, but they gave some lame excuses. So, what one missed is
what it is:) I still have my regrets, but I never meant that I have
an edge over others by attending the festival. In fact, I have
requested one of my friends to scan the pictures he had taken so that
I could post the same to this group:)

Will continue the discussion in private:)

Yatheendra Pravanam Vandhe RAMYA Jamataram Munim

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Lakshmi Narasimhan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia