You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00095 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
Dear Ramesh,
Accept my pranams. Tiru ArAdhana kramam was introduced and
systematised by Sri MaNavALa mAmunigaL(based on EmperumAnAr's samskrt
work). Sri Ramanuja is the AcArya for both kalais and hence it
perfectly makes sense to chant "sarva dhEsha" by both kalais.
On the other hand,the "nama: srishaila" invokes Sri
ShailEsha or TiruvAymozhi PiLLai,who was the AcArya of Sri Periya
Jeeyar. TiruvAymozhi PiLLai is in the lineage of TennAcAryas and VK's
AcArya lineage is different. So, obviously VKs would/may not chant
"nama: srishaila nAThAaya". Anyways I have not listened to their
sARRumuRai chanting(except once). So I do not remember this thaniyan
being chanted by them as I was busy chanting TK sARRumuRai within my
heart. But Sri TCA Venkatesan has put this thaniyan in VK sARRumuRai
sampradayam also. May some learned devotee would explain whether or
not it is really chanted by VKs.

AzhvAR EmperumAnAr JIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "S.RAMESH SAMPATH" <sramesh@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear Bhagavatas
>
> Adiyen is from Muscat Iyengar's group. I have got a doubt about
sathumurai
> kramam of Thenkalai & Vadakalai Sampradayam.
>
> In the Tenkalai sathumurai kramam, we chant
> 'sarva desha dasa kaleshva vyahatha parakrama
> ramanujarya divyagna varthatham abi varthamam'
> which was made by Periya Jeer (swami Manavala Mamunigal) which is
also
> chanted by vadakalai sampradayam
>
> However there is another verse in the same sathumurai kramam of
Thenkalai
> made by Periya Jeer (swami Manavala Mamunigal)
> 'nama srisaila nathaya kunthi nagara janmane
> prasadha labda paramaprapya kainkarya saline'
> which is not chanted by vadakalai.
>
> Adiyen has got a very little knowledge in our sampradayam. However
if
> anyone can clarify on this doubt, I will be thankful.
>
> Thanks
>
> S. Ramesh
> '

Home Page