You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00117 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:
Dear TCA Venkatesan,
You have put this thaniyan in the category
of "sARRumuRai: Vadakalai SampradAyam":-) You also
have "sARRumuRai:Thenkalai SampradAyam" seprately. Check out your
site. If it's a combined sARRumuRai,you should have put "vAzhi
tiruvAymozhip piLLai mAthagavAl" which I don't see in it. BTW,why do
call it as TK and VK podhu thaniyan? In the TK podhu thaniyan, Sri
ShailEsha is sitting first which is not podhu/common for VK. Podhu
thaniyan means it sould only start from "lakshmInATha.. up to
parAshara bhattar's thaniyan". And again wrt sARRumuRai,the common
ones would be "sarva dhEsha,and EmperumAnAr's Sriman Sriranga" and
the rest are different for both sampradAyams.

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

> I don't think I have put the "nama srIshaila ..."
> thaniyan in the VK sarrumurai document. I do have a
> combined document where this thaniyan and the "namO
> rAmAnujAryAya ..." thaniyan together. This is for
> the use of my santhai class where because we have
> mixed group of students, we recite the sarrumurai
> kramam of both sampradayams.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com