You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00166 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

Respected BhAgavathAs,

I have been reading each and every post on Nirhetuka Kripa, and I must admit
things are becoming much clearer right now. But one question still remains, it
is necessary to surrender to a Guru, to take us to Vaikuntha. But accepting a
Guru, is it also the handiwork of perumal?? Meaning, is it by Perumal's grace
that we even accept a Guru, or rather a Guru accepts us??

What about "AthAto Brahma JijnAsa", anybody who even cares to enquire
(including an advaitin), is he endowed with Perumal's Nirhetuka Kripa?? If that
were the case, anyone who enquires should go back to Vaikuntha, as His grace
can't be just "incomplete" (meaning, just enough to make him enquire, but not
complete enough to go back to Vaikuntha), correct??

Finally, a serious question, based on my above understanding, then, can only a
SriVaishnava go back to Vaikuntha??

I request all the adiyArs to dispel my doubts.

Dasan,

KidAmbi SoundararAjan.