You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00171 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sriman Vijay,

Thank you for the post in which you have rightly mentioned that we
should not reject His krupA. If we simply accept His krupA, we can
concentrate on serving the bhAgavatas and thinking of His qualities.

In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vijay Triplicane <vijay.triplicane@xxxx>
wrote:

> This series of discussion reminded me of something. Don't know
if this
> has already been discussed. Anyway, the one concept about
nirhEthuka krupa
> that caught my attention rightaway is "vilakkAmai" (loosely
translated as
> non-denial). This is how it is described:

In my understanding, we do not choose Him but it is He who chooses
us, in our sampradAyam. This is in accordance with the upanishad
statement "yamEvaisha vruNute tEna labhyah..." which means He makes
Himself accessible to whoever He chooses. Also we do not have any
sort of freedom acoording to Sri Bhattar in ashtaSlOkI. I do not
think that Sri Nammalwar is speaking of some freedom in that pASuram
where "avar avar thama thamadhu.." comes as quoted by you.

Then does the question of partiality not come? If we believe that He
is our Master, we need not worry. It is for Him to keep His property
wherever He wants. If we do not believe in Him, then also no probs
since He does not exist for us!

Once He enters our mind, we need not worry since we are chosen.

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE SaraNam.
adiyEn
Vishnu

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia