You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00173 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

sri:
Humble Pranams to all devotees:

We have all heard thiruppavai and some of its inner meanings (Swapadesam) .A
unique hidden meaning
in Thiruppavai Points everyting to Acharya. (Acharya Param interpretation)

This Sunday we have Sri VPS Varadan Swami continue his teaching to us, at 6PM
CST. (in Simple Tamil)
on Tele-Bridge : Ph: 512 225 3050 , Pass: 91544# at 6PM CST on SUNDAY.

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA:
RAMANUJA IN THIRUPPAVAI ? Sri V P S Varadan

Throughout the centuries, our AchAryas have provided us with several authentic
interpretations on the inner meaning of these beautiful thirty verses.
One unique interpretation is from the perspective of AchAryaparam, in whichit
is understood that each of Sri AndAl's stanzas praised the glory
and qualities of the AchArya and the benefits which will accrue to jIvas due to
his grace.

It is also clear that since all AchAryas of the SriVaishnava faith regard
themselves only to be servants to the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanuja,
the noble word 'AchArya' can be taken to refer to Bhagavad Sri Ramanuja
himself.

It should be noted that the although the time that AndAl lived on earth
wasseveral centuries before Sri Ramanuja, her experience of the Divine was such
that it not only conveyed her love and devotion to the Lord, but also the
expectation that He would one day bless the earth with such a Great Soul.

The renowned scholar and vidwAn of KanchIpuram, Sri PrativAdi BhAyankaram
Annangarachariar Swamy, has interpreted the entire
ThiruppAvai from this perspective of praising the glory of Acharya.

The discourse is based on this work by Sri PBA Swami.
Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar ThiruvadigalE sharanam

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Mukundan Vangkipuram Pattangi

http://www.vedics.net

Home Page