You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00036 Aug 2002

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA.
APPAN THIRUVADIGALE SARANAM.

Dear Baghavatas, Accept my pranam.
Sriman Varadan Swamy and Sriman Vishnu swamy have done appreciable service.

Sree vachana Bhooshanam and Acharya Hrudhayam are treasures to be known by all
Srivaishnavas. They contain THE REAL SPIRIT OF Srivaishanavism.. The caste
factor, Asrama( Brahmachari, Yethi et.c) knowledge, Anushtanas( observances of
karmas) of any body who does not have the correct knowledge on Emperuman ,his
relation to him and his relation with others are to be disregarded. The first
chapter (up to Sutras 86) of Acharya Hrudhayam deals with the greatness of
Namazhvar and the various aspects of high caste and low caste in correct sense.

The present day generation will not be able to understand it as it is. The
construction of the passages are compiled with relevant phrases from
Thiruvaimozhi(mainly) and other pramanas in a special style. The readers
through the guidance of able persons only can understand this. The translation
of them in English reflecting the spirit of sutras is also difficult affair.
Many quotations are to be furnished to the readers, as the passages are such
without which the purpose will be lost. If they are furnished it will become
like a textbook which will not be relished by all.

In spite of the difficulties Adiyen feel that all able persons should make
effort in this regard for the reasons mentioned below.

(1) The present day generation is not aware of the real Srivaishnavam
(2) To day almost all are materialists. They want to enjoy the life or in other
sense they care more for the body and are not interested in the real sense
about the soul(Atma)
(3) The temple worship is utilized for getting redress for their sufferances.
Of course in earlier days too such kind of persons was more; but there were
people in small numbers who cared for the soul.
(4) Other people are misguiding and misinterpreting Srivaishnavism.
(5) At least some body if not many, may take advantage of these informations
and get benefited.

(6) Postings on selected Sutra may be handled by able persons for the benefit
of Baghavatas..

(7) Adiyen?s prayer to Emperumanar and Emperuman is to bless me to do something
in this regard.

(8) Adiyen?s humble request that no body should get offended by this posting

Adiyen Ramanujadasan, T.Parthasarathy.