You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00051 Aug 2002

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImadh varavara munayE namaha

Dear Sri Mukundan,

The answer lies in your question. Yes, the word
'Hindu' is a coined word by the British, who made a
mixture of all the vedic religions in India to
simplify their administration. Since we in India,
never acknowledge our own supremacy over others in the
world, we have accepted to it and even made it a law.
There is no other reason for this.

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam
adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh