You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00063 Aug 2002

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA

Dear devotees,
Following is an appeal for donation for the
renovation for the temple car of the divya desam at
Thiucherai.
i request the devotees to kindly take part in the
kainkaryam.

From
Dr. T.R. Srinivasan Phone 423246
Retd Director, Sugarcane Breeding Institute
Hon.Joint Secretary,Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan

5,King's Colony
Sugarcane Breeding Institute post
Coimbatore 641 007

Dated 9th August,2002

Dear Sir,

Namaskarams

I am enclosing herewith a letter of appeal for
contribution towards aThirucherai Sri Saranatha
Perumal temple ratham in which I am interested and
also the chairman of the renovation committee. I shall
be much thankful if you can kindly consider and
contribute liberally. If you feel that I should meet
you personally I can do so at your convenience.

With regards

Yours sincerely

Srinivasan

Dear Sir

Sri Saranatha perumal Temple is situated in
Tirucherai, Kumbakonam taluk, Tanjore dt. It is one
among 108 vaishnavait stalams and is considered on par
with that of SriRangam, Tirupathi and Kanchi.

Lord Sri Saranatha blessed the goddess Kaveri in
praise of her thapas for considering her to be equal
to Ganga. He appeared as a little child first and
later with Sri Devi, BhooDevi, Neela Devi, Lakshmi and
Saranayagi Thayar( Pancha Lakshimis).

Thirumangai Alwar has praised him as one who is
worshiped by all in haven and earth and said that even
those who see the people who had worshiped this lord
will not be harmed by any evil or death. Saint
Margendaya attained mukthi only in this kshthram.

Every year on makara poornima pushyam, the lord is
taken in the temple car after 8 days of Brammothsawam.
`
Due to poor funds, the car festival has been suspended
from 1982 and the Government of Tamil Nadu has
recently permitted the renovation of the car. The
total estimate for repairs for the axel and wheels and
others by local sthapathi is around Rs. 16.00 lakhs.

It is proposed to have the two cental axel and sixr
wheels remade in steel as it will facilitate easy
pulling and rung of the car. In addition, the ramp
civil work also to be done.

These are proposed to be done as donor work through a
trust called Sri SSS sabha located in the village for
performing certain of the festivals and pujas.

A copy of the detailed estimate is enclosed herewith.

We shall be much thankful if you could kindly consider
joining us in this sacrad seva to lord by liberally
contributing for the fund for the car repairs and
running the festival.

I am also enclosing herewith copy of letter from the
the SSS Saba with details of pujas being performed by
us. The contributions may kindly be drawn as demand
draft in favour of Sri SSS Saba, Payable at Chennai
and sent to me for onward transmission and also
accounting with proper official receipt issued.

We are trying to get exemption under 80G also.

Soliciting your valued contribution, with regards

Yours truly

T.R. Srinivasan

Temple Car Renovation Committee

(As per the proceedings of Joint Commissioner, HR&CE
Mailaduthurai wide 3270/02 E3 dt 4th march, 2002)

Dr. T.R. Srinivasan , Retired Director , Sugarcane
Breeding Institute, GOI,Coimbatore
Sri K. Thavamani , B.Com., MLA ,Thiruvidaimaruthur:
Sri R. Govindarajan, Chairman, Raya Group of
Companies, Kumbakonam
Sri T.S. Sowmiya Nararayan, Chief Adyabagam,
Tirucherai
Executive Officer, Sri Saranatha Perumal Devasthanam,
Tirucherai: ( Treasurer )
Thakar Sri Sarangapani Temple, Kumbakonam
Captain G. Perumal, Thirucherai
Sri G. Thaivasigamani, Gangatharanallu, Kumbakonam
Taluk.
Sri N.R. Pannerselvam, Land Lord, Nalur, Kumbakonam
taluk.

Cost estimate for the renovation work of Sri Saranatha
Perumal temple car

1. Main axel in steel 2 Nos 2,00,000
2 Front wheels in steel frams 1,50,000
3 Rear wheels in steel frame 2 Nos 1,50,000
4 Mid axel one and two wheels 1,00,000
5. Upper coloured cloth including Design stiching
1,25,000
6 Upper wooden structures ? wood only 1,75,000
7 Wooden fixers and painting 1,00,000
8 Coir rope and chain ropes 1,50,000
9 Construction and repairs to the ramp and steps
2,50,000
10 Top kalasam in brass with platings 25,000
11 Jakky 50,000
12. Annual brahmotsavam and running the car including
Trial running 1,00,000

Total 16,00,000