You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00072 Aug 2002

Purpose of the rAmAnuja e-group:

Discussion forum for everyone interested in the way of life as taught
by the vEdic rishis and AzhvArs, and as expounded by nAthamuni,
ALavandAr, rAmAnuja and his successors.

This group's main focus is to serve as a discussion forum for anyone
interested in the rAmAnuja sampradAyam, which is an inclusive way of
life and a philosophy emphasizing the inherent compassion of the
divine. For purposes of clarification, we believe that the rAmAnuja
way-of-life reflects that taught to us by the vEdic seers, AzhvArs,
srI nAthamunigaL and his successors, srI rAmAnuja and his successors.

A partial list of those AchAryAs after srI rAmAnuja would be srI
embAr, srI mudaliyANdAn, srI kUrattAzhvAn, srI anantAzhvAn, srI thiru-
k-kurugai-p-pirAn piLLAN, srI eNgaL AzhvAn, srI bhattar, srI
nanjIyar, srI nadAdUr ammAL, srI nampiLLai, srI vadakku-th-
thiruveedhi-p-piLLai, srI periyavAchchAn piLLai, srI vEdAnta dEsika,
srI piLLai lOkAchAriAr, srI azhagiya maNAvALa-p-perumAL nAyanAr, srI
thiruvAymozhi-p-piLLai and srI maNavALa mAmunigaL.

We recognize that there are several differences of opinion and
controversies currently among the followers of rAmAnuja. Our
intention is to be inclusive, rather than exclusive where there is
any controversy. (i.e. we think that *all* our teachers have
bequeathed us with collective wisdom and we aspire to learn from
*all* of their teachings).

The rAmAnuja email group is part of the VEDICS foundation, whose
objectives are to make the message of rAmAnuja available to everyone
who wants to know. With the above two key objectives, any
constructive discussion that has the goal of deepening our
understanding of the way of life is welcome. In particular, topics on
the nAlAyira divya prabandham, vEdas/upanishads, works of our
teachers (like srI bhAshyam, stOtra ratna, srI vachana bhushaNam,
upadEsa rattinamalai, rahasya traya sAra, etc.) are welcome.

Several projects have been undertaken by the VEDICS/rAmAnuja
community, and this e-group will serve as a discussion forum for
those topics as well. In fact, the goal is to utilize the collective
knowledge/energies of the entire rAmAnuja e-group for the success of
the projects.

To minimize flooding of mailboxes, we request that the posts on this
list be exclusive to the extent possible. (do not post to all the
lists)

To avoid any controversies, we require that any new member read and
agree to the following statement before we can admit them into the
list:

"I recognize that the rAmAnuja way of life is an inclusive way of
life aimed at helping anyone who wants spiritual knowledge. I further
recognize and respect all the teachers who have bequeathed us with
collective wisdom. I agree to not utilize the rAmAnuja email group to
further my personal agenda, and agree to not use the group to
initiate polemic arguments or indulge in discussion inconsistent with
the vision of inclusion and compassion built into the rAmAnuja
sampradAyam"

Moderator/Submission Guidelines
===============================
The group is a moderated group, and at the discretion of the
moderators (in accordance with the stated objectives of the group),
any posting may be rejected with proper feedback, and/or sent back to
the author for modification/editing.

Standard human practices - kindness, attempt to have an open mind
during conversationd, not talking ill of others, not initiating
personal arguments - need to be followed.

The group moderators reserve the right to remove anyone from the
group, if it is determined that s/he is detrimental to the objectives
of the group. The decision will be taken by a poll among the
moderators (currently 5), and a majority decision will be the basis
for removal.

Current Moderators of the list:
1. Mukundan vangipuram Pattangi
2. Thirumalai Vinjimoor Venkatesh
3. Gunaseelan Venkatachary
4. Sridhar Srinivasan
5. TA Varadhan

AzhwAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigalE SaraNam

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list