You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00009 Aug 2003

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

At one time Bhattar was living with his family in a town
called Koorakulotthamam. Here Nanjeeyar was maintaining
a garden and doing flower service to the Lord.

Once, some of Nanjeeyar's disciples complained that
Bhattar and his family's presence in the garden was
disturbing their work.

When Nanjeeyar heard about this, he called them over
and angrily told them "Am I doing this garden and
flower service because I think that the Lord's hair
smells poor? I am doing this as a service because
it is liked by Bhattar and his family."

That is, a disciple does service even to the Lord
only as service to his acharya.

AzhvAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list