You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00009 Aug 2004

Dear SrevaishNavites,
SEIDHA VEALVIYAR

We can proclaim to have completed a task only after performing the work.
However, the people in "vAna-mA-malai" are deemed to have performed "vEALvi"
even without performing them.

They are those souls who have realised the real nature of the Lord
dheiva-nAyakan. "em-permAnAgiya kaNNanai vuLLapadi aRindhavargAL evarO,
avargaLEA vEALvigaLai ellAm, kuRaiyaRAch seidhavargaLAgiRArgaL' Those who have
understood the real nature of Lord krshNA are the ones who are deemed to have
completed the "vEaLvi" blemishlessly. Such type of souls can be seen in
"sirEvara mangal nagar"

"seidha vEaLviyar vaith thEvaraRA, sirEvara mangal nagar.." thiru-voi-mozhi
5-7-5;

em-perumAnudaiya swarUpa-swabhAvanagaLai aRindhavargaL, enRApadi.

Concluded: There are so many pAsuram-s and commentaries full of such 'deemed'
meanings. We are indeed blessed to possess such commentaries.

AzhwAr, emperumAnAr, jEyar thiruvdigaLEA charaNam.
DEEMED CONCLUDED

rAmAnuja dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Home Page