You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00069 Aug 2004

Dear Sri Mukundan,

Since you are bringing the agama into picture and talking about it permitting
relocation of yaga shalaas and fourth prakaram being allowed - can you give
authentic citations?..

Because, I myself have heard that - Priests from Vaikhanasa agama - not
belonging to Tirumala opposed such things..

Discussions based on Agamas - are like teaching physics to people who don't
know physics.. They will not object to what you say as they are ignorant -

If you bring some laid down procedure into the discussion - kindly give
authentic details about it and also tell how authentic it is or who laid down
these -- Writing in capital letters does not help..

Also, now a days - people take any road side book and say its authentic.. Thats
what - even I agree with you that the shastras have been thrown out..

Why don't you throw away the idols of Lord at your place - if they have become
old?.
Or
Why can't your father or mother be sent to old age home or relocated - just
because they are ill?..

Why do you think - organizations like Archealogical society of India etc are
there?..

In pune, recently - when they tried to encroach into the Agha khan palace for
road widening - the authorities informed archealogical society of Indiab and by
their intervention - the encroachment was stopped..

Leaving aside all your agamas - "Tell me -- When we visit some places of
historical importance - which have message boards - that there was a great
monument here which got gutted with fire or was destroyed by an invasion -- we
feel bad that we cannot see it there today"..

There is a significance - for every thing - which involves its time, location
and sanctity..
Why do we treat the Idols of Lord that have been receiving pooja - from
generations in our home as having more sanctity - compared to those new ones
that we purchased in a temple street recently?..

By telling that an agama supports the demolition and destruction of ancient
structures of a temple - are you trying to say - that what ever structure I
built with devotion today - can be removed by some worthless fellow ages later
- just because the structure became old?

Who are you and me to touch the hard work of those vijaya nagara kings --?

If there were some smaaraka chihnaas - were your ancestor's relics lie or their
memories lie - do you intend to relocate them to any other place - just because
you felt so..

While its true that everything is temporary in this world, in a true sense -
Yet given a span of time - there are things which need to be preserved and not
touched and maintained in that state of permanancy - till mother nature decides
to take them into its womb by itself..

What you are saying is like - killing an alive old man - as he is old - rather
than letting him die through the natural course..

And even this is wrong in this case -

Of what use is the wealth of Tirumala - Can't the authorities there - take care
of the maintainance of a simple mandapam?..

This is like a student who never studies all the year - and finally tells that
he didn't write the exams or didn't perform well as he was sick a week before
the exams..

And regarding the age old changes that have been happening - like tap water
being used or like the changes in the laddu offering -- Do you know the
history..

Whom ever u are pointing fingers to today - all those were opposing these
things right from a long time..

Now that things have really taken such a bad turn - these things are being
vehemantly opposed..

What do you mean - making political?.. This is one nice word that people so
easily use..

First have the authenticity to talk - and then make comments --

Don't bring in your agamas or shastras and try to preach people - since most of
them are not aware ..

What I told here are simple points of common sense..

And why the hell do people argue about agamas etc and split themselves like
this?..

Are we not all children of Ramanuja - Where have these agamas come to split us
suddenly?..

And its really good that you felt that the damage to Pedda Jeeyar mutt, hathi
raam baba mutt - were wrong..

But tell me - why can't you apply the same logic and say that - even they can
be re-located? - Why did you add the word "Historical Importance" - only to
these two structures?

And if it comes to that - You wrote - "Nee Kondaku Neeve rappinchuko" -

Why do - people want to go explicitely to Tirumala?..

Life is temporary - structures are temporary - temples are temporary - So why
go to Tirumala?.. When you can worship at your place or inside your heart?..

Well - if it comes to arrogance - I have enough - because of the position and
fame that I enjoy - with the grace of my Aacharya..

And I don't ask for any pardoning - for my statements..

Because, People who are opposing the destruction of these ancient structures
are being maligned very badly by press and public and the so called Sri
vaishnavaites themselves..

Because all those who are doing this - are behind power and money..
Their world will come tumbling down one day..

There is justice in this world - if you want to call it God..
But it will strike a definite and sure blow - one day..

People - who realize that - will be in their limits and people who don't - will
have to take the strike..

Regards,
Maruthi

sudarshan madabushi <mksudarshan2002@xxxx> wrote: