From: Ramanujam Varada Srinivasa Thatta [mailto:acharyatvsr@xxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 11:02 AM
To: srinath_venkatakrishnan@xxxx
Cc: ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jetusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ramanuja] RE: [SriRangaSri] Sri Vaishnava Committee

Dear All,
Sreemathe Ramanujaya Namaha:
This is an excellent suggestion. can all the Vaishnavagroups on the
internet
form a committe to work as an agitating group to pave way for a much wider
discussions on this subject. A model code of conduct and a common minimum
programme can be worked out to start kick start this approach. Can we rise
beyond our narrow outlook and widen our vision to greater vistas? This
will
be an excellent service to Emberumanar Sri Ramanuajar Himself.
This is a poser to members of all groups.
Adiyen,
Dasan,
Ramanujam.

>From: Srinath Venkatakrishnan <srinath_venkatakrishnan@xxxx>
>To: ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jetusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [SriRangaSri] Sri Vaishnava Committee
>Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:34:02 +0100 (BST)
>
>Dear All,
>
>Referring to all recent problems against Tirupathi Temple and other
common
>Sri Vaishnava issues, adiyEn would like to share my view.
>
>1. Why cant we have a Central Sri Vaishnava Forum or Committee
> where all Sri Vaishnava Mutt heads inlcuding both kalais become
> members. This commitee can decide and approve all the generic
> vaishnava issues.
>
>Example 1: Tirupathi Temple issue,
>Example 2: To oppose to any magazines/Films etc which degrades
> SriVaishnavism.
>
>2. Committee chairman post can be of rotating type. One year
> Vanamamalai Jeer Swami can head and next year Andavan swami
> can head and it goes on to all the mutt heads on yearly basis.
>
>3. Committee can be a single unified voice against all issues.
> Currently that is lacking which is misused by all politicians, non
> vaishnavaite mutt heads and magazines.
>
>4. Committee can initiate all generic steps to propogate Sri Ramanuja's
> philosophy and implement and suggest right temple worships etc.
>
>5. Important factor for conversion in India is "Caste" This committee can
> devise ways to reach people and clarify about varnashrama dharma
> and stop the conversion. Current threat is that even divya desams
are
> filled by non hindus. At Thanjavoor, lot of places have already
gone.
> Divyadesam like thErezhundoor do have non hindus inside the main
> veethi. If we do not stop, we can have the divyadesams on website
> only.
>
>6. Committee can setup a Research unit on Vedas and Divya
> prabandams. Currently students out of padasalas are either becoming
> archakas or purohitars(vaathyaars). Instead if select people are
> involved in scientific research on Vedas and Prabandams, that will
> support the teaching on vaishnavism.
>
>Please comment on this and if viable, we can take the idea to the
acharyas.

>Thanks,
>Srinath.

Apply to 50,000 jobs now. http://go.msnserver.com/IN/46921.asp Post your
CV
on naukri.com today.

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor