You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Dec 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00041 Dec 2003

Dec 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

IMPORTANT: DIAL-IN NUMBER FOR THIS UPANYASAM:

Dial In Number : 1-702-835-5000

Passcode : 91544#

sri:
srimathe rAmAnujaya namaha
srimath vara vara munayE namaha

Dear Bhagavathas,
Please accept our humble pranams.
We are blessed to start Saranagathi Gadyam Kalakshebam with Dr. U. Ve. M.A.
Venkatakrishnan swami from this saturday.

Date & Time: Sat December 13, 9:00 AM CST

Everyone of us would have enjoyed the Gadhya Trayam rendition of Swami. Now we
are blessed to start the kalakshebam of the same from with Swami. Please do
join the kalakshebam starting this saturday.

Saranagathi Gadhyam of Sri Ramanuja:

The Saranagathi Gadhyam is the first of three compositions of Sri Ramanuja in
Sanskrit prose. The three prose pieces are expressions of the inner experiences
of the great acharya and are to be ranked with mystic poetry of our
azhwars.Saranagathi Gadyam is actually a conversation between Sri Ramanuja, Sri
Ranganatha and His Consort and is a live exposition of the doctrine of prapatti.

On a Panguni Utthiram day in SriRangam while Lord Ranganatha sat in court with
His consort on His Divine throne, Sri Ramanuja stood before them, surrendered
himself to the Divine and begged that all his earthly sins be pardoned and that
he be accepted in the service of the Divine couple, and got so accepted with
additional assurance that all his spritual proteges would be accorded what was
assured to him. Thus the assurance of acceptance was not in isolation to
Ramanuja alone but to all his spritual progeny. It is on behalf of all humanity
that Ramanuja pleaded and we as his spritiual heirs can feel assured of Lord's
grace.

The Saranathi Gadhyam is a forceful commentary of the mantraratna--Dvayam.

To learn more about Saranagathi Gadhyam, please join us in the kalakshebam this
saturday.

Date & Time: SAT December 13, 9:00 AM CST

Cost: FREE for all VEDICS Members and families.

Please note that the membership fee for the upanyasams have been reduced to $150
per year.

To join the Vedics Family, please visit: http://www.vedics.net/membership

Please bring all your friends and familes to enjoy this kalkshepam.

For all other upanysasms and Santhai Schedule:

Please Visit: www.vedics.net and click on Upanyasams.

Azhwar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam
Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

irAmanusan adiyArgal