You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Dec 2007

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00020 Dec 2007

Dec 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srihi:

Dear Srivaishnavas,

http://www.pbase.com/svami/sarvajiththulamasamavabrathasnanam

Grand Event at Sathayagalam (the gallery updated).

First let me apologize for filing the Report of Thirunakshtram of Svami Desikan
and Thulamasa Snanam celebraion at Sathygalam  late.

As already informed every one over mail that This years (2007), Grand Event at
Sathyagalam (the gallery updated).

Grand Event at sathyagalam
This years (2007) celebration was held on 11/11/07 at Sathyagalam. You all know
that Sathyagalam is a place very dear to Svami Desikan; It is here that Svami
stayed for twelve long years during the turbulent period at Srirangam and it is
also here that Svami wrote "Abheetsavam". During his twelve long years he may
have composed some more works , but we don’t know. I understand that Swami did
not miss his dear Lord Ranganatha because he had Lord Mohana Ranga of
Madhyaranga , and my dear Friend Sri V C Govindarajan Svami of Muscat on seeing
Lord of Madhyarangam asked me that whether the line of Swami Desikan "madhye
rangam mama cha hrdaye varthathe saavarodha". Whether this line refers this
divyakshetram?. I feel yes ( Please don’t bang me , it is my feeling for my
adopted state, I am planning to buy farm land at Sathyagalam and next
generation of our family will be in Karnataka, Dear All please bless me , that
I should be able to buy a piece of land in Sathyagalam)

Adiyen along with K R Krishnaswami mama (He is Secretary of Sathyagalam Desika
Saba) went on previous day morning itself had a nice bath at Cauvery. Then
Madhavan Bhattar performed nice Thirumanjaam to Perumal, Thayar, & Svami
Desikan. Then Goshti recited prabhandam and Then Lord Varadhan had Thalikai
samarpanam.  Previous day itself lot of people had come.

On 11/11/07 it was very hectic day, Lots of people started coming. The
Neyvadhanam was done to Lord and All were served with Delightful Upumma and
Sheera ( Kesari). At 10 Am H H Parakala Jeer Svami arrived from Mysore.He was
accorded poorna Kumbham Mariyada He did Mangala sasnam at all Sannidhi. He then
started the Aradhanai to Prakala Mutt Moorthies in Sanchara Dollai. He did
thirumnjanam etc. One side people were reciting Vedaparayanam and one side
people were reciting  Prabhandam. Dr.Sadagopa Thathachar had come from thooppul
/ Kanchi. Two Bus load of people came from Bangalore Andavan ashram under the
guidance of Sri H R Sridhar mama ( infact they had left Bangalore on 10th
itself they went to Srirangapattinam and participated in Gandhapadi Usthavam on
Saturday night and then next day arrived at Sathyagalam). Then at 11.00 Asmath
Acharyan H H Rangapriya Maha Desikan arrived at Sathyagalam from Hedathale, he
was accorded poorna Kumbham Mariyada, he did Mangalasasnam at al
l sannidhi. Then he came to place Parakala svami was doing Aradhanai. Then
Svami Desikan was taken around temple then to Banks of river cauvery and the
same Gyana Ashwatha tree ( under this old tree Svami used to do the nithya
anushtanam). two yathivaras also reached the banks. Then they did thirumanjanam
to Svami and then Madhavan Bhattar as usual carried the Svami in his hand then
amidst the recital of vedas Avabratha Snanam took place, then all returned back
with Svami to temple. Srinivasa Ranagachar Bhattar ( brother of Madhavan
Bhattar did the alankaram to Lord Varadhan and his consort Sri and Bhoo Devi
and also our Svami Desikan in Ninra Thirukolam.

Then gosthi were reciting Vedam and Prabhandam ,Parakala Jeer performed Mangala
Arthi to Dolai Moorthies , also Lord Varadhan with his consort and Svami
Desikan.

H H Ranga Priya Svami Released 18th Book written by sri K R Krishnaswami Mama
and the Tittle of the book is  Sathyagala : Abheethisthava  . K R Krishnaswami
Mama writes books on Sri vaishnavism and he has already written 17 books whose
details I have been giving you from time to time. For this Books please contact
him at the address mentioned below. Cover page of the book is displayed picture
gallery.

H H Rangapriya Swami Unveiled a new Scheme for Rajagopuram Construction. Mike
system failed, we could not hear much. Then by the time Mike system restored
Sri K R Krishnaswami mama Informed the gathering that the Huge mahadwaram ( I
call it Mottai Gopura Vasal ) which was dismantled and then with deep
foundation it was rebuilt at a cost of 14 lakhs. It is envisaged that a 40 feet
High Gopuram with 5 tiers ( Nelai / Vashals) will be built hopefully before the
next Thirunakshatra celebration of our beloved Svami Desikan depending on the
funds availability . Estimate cost wil be between 25 - 30 lakhs.

H H Rangapriya Swami released the pamphlet of the scheme and it was distributed
to the general public.

Our Krishnaswami mama is looking forward for 100 individuals or families who
can contribute US $ 700 or Rs.25,000/- each. The payments could be made in
their parents name ( or in their memory ) and the names will be displayed
permanently in a huge drawing of the Rajagopuram. It will be a unique bond
between the devotees and Svami Desikan of Sathyagalam.

It would be appreciated if our friends living abroad route their donations
through their kin or friends living in India. In the event of that being
absolutely possible demand drafts / Cheques may be drawn in favour of "
Sathyagalam Desika Sabha S.B. A/c 31812, Drawn on Canara Bank,
Bangalore:560004, and the same may be sent to :

Sri K R Krishnaswami , # 189,III Model Street,Basavangudi,Bangalore:560004.
Tel: +91 80 26767528, Mobile 9902058417  email: krishkrk@xxxxxxxxxxx   or
vaskri@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dasan
Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional