You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00002 Feb 2002

namO namO yAmunAya yAmunnAya namo nama:
namO namO yAmunAya yAmunnAya namo nama:

Slokam 6:

yanmmoordhnimE srutisirassu cha bhAti yasminnasmatmanOratha pathassakalassamEti

stoshyAmina: kuladhanam kuladaivatam tatpAdAravindsmaravindavilOchanasya||

yat - which divine feet, mE - my, moordni - in my head, cha - and, sruti -(on)
vedas,
sirassu - on the heads (in the vEdAnthas), bhAti - is shining, yasmin -
in which two lotus feet, sakala - entire, asmat + manOratha + patha: - the path
to the fulfilment of my desires, samEti - merge, na: - to us, kuladhanam
kuladaivatham -
is the family treasure and deity, aravindavilOchanasya tatpAdAravindam -
paramAtma
whose eyes are like magnificent lotus flowers, stOshyAmi - I sing in praise of.

tAtparyam:

SrimannArAyanA's divine feet shine on my head. They also shine on the vEdAnthas.
The path to the fulfilment of my desires also merge in those feet. I sing in
the praise of the divine feet of paramAtma whose eyes are magnificent like the
fully bloomed lotus flowers. I consider these divine feet as our family treasure
and deity.

Note:

While describing bhagavAn's divine eyes and feet often an analogy to lotus
flower is drawn by most poetic composers. This is because there is nothing else
even nearly equal. Whereas Swami nammAlwAr in tiruvoimozhi 3-10-2 concludes
"katturaikkil tAmarai nin kaN pAdam kai ovva" meaning that the lotus flower
can never be equal to His eyes and feet.

AlavandAr tiruvadigalE saranam.