You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00002 Feb 2004

Dear Shri vtca:
Thank you for all the references.
The two points which you mentioned is very relevant. If "vishNum" is
an adjective, popular tradition doesn't attribute it to gaNEsha.
But gANApatyam is not confined to Tamilnadu. I suspect, strict form
of gANApatyam is imported from northern states.

I am not sure about chaturbhujam either, but this is a very common
adjective for nArAyaNa.

regards,
Kasturi Rangan .K

Home Page