You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00120 Feb 2004

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Sri Vara Vara MunayE Namaha
Sri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

(This is an imaginary chat adiyen had with kAnchi devaperumal. Hope all of you
will enjoy this divine anubhavam)

Adiyen: Oh! dEvarajA! pErarulAlA! Sri:pathi! Sriman NarayanA! BhakthavatsalA!
perundEvi nAyakA! Ayar varum amargaladhipathiyE! emayOr thalaivA! mainindru
kEttarulAi adiyen seiyyum vinnappamE!

PErarulAlan: Oh! My dear bhaktha. Tell me what you want.

Adiyen: My god! Did I hear something? Did you talk to me Oh lord! It is
adiyen's divine bhakyam Oh! NO it is devarir's krupai, Nirheduka krupai.
EmperumAnE! adiyen neesanEn niraivondrumilEn en kan pAsam vaiththAi! archaiyai
kulaiththu pEsavum seidhAyO?

[Oh! lord I am a lowest soul who doesn't have anything to my credit. Still you
have a special love towards me and now due to your ultimate grace you are
talking with me?]

PErarulAlan: The sastras say, "ajAya mAnO bhahuthA vijAyathE" The one who has
no birth is born with various forms. It is my agadithagatanAsAmarthyam. I am
not born like you due to karma but I take birth to uplift the suffering souls
in this world. So nothing is impossible to me. I have five forms, para, vyuha,
vibhava, antharyAmi and archai. Out of these the archa form is very dear to my
bhakthas and me. In all my avataras I am poornan as per the sastras. I come
down with all my kalyana gunas. But out of all the avataras the archAvatara is
considered to be the most complete, as only there I am able to exhibit all my
kalyana gunas. Where is the need for me to show the krupai in a place like
paramapadham where are the mukthAtmas have already reached the ultimate goal
and they are enjoying the same constantly? (nithya vibhoothiyilE bhagavat
gunangal pagal vilakku pattirukkum"). So love and care is necessary for only
the jeevatmas suffering here and hence I stay in different archa forms in
different divya desams happily taking care of my beloved bhakthas.

Adiyen: Yes My lord! You are poornan Akila hEya prathyaneekan and hence we
enjoy calling you as Nambi.

PErarulAlan: Now is there anything, which I cannot do? I prescribe all rules
and I prefer to follow them. But when a situation arises when I have to break
them I have all the right to do the same.

Adiyen: Sure Oh lord! We have no right to question your acts
("pattaththukkuriya Anaiyum arasum seivana ArAyAdhu")

PErarulAlan: So today I choose to talk to you.

Adiyen: Adiyen's bhakyam emperumAnE! As ranganatha you talked to thiruvilakku
pichchan! As thiruvEnkatamudaiyan you talked to thondaimAn chakravarthi! As
dEvAdhirAjan you talked with thirukachchi Nambigal and today you have decided
to add nAyiyEn to that great bhagavata list!

PErarulAlan: The whole world is my property. Will you consider one part of your
body to be inferior and the other to be superior? Similarly I view everyone
with a single eye only. ("vibheeshanO vA sugreeva yathi vA rAvana svayam")

Adiyen: True emperumAnE! Though you have a samadrishti, to maintain the
samatvam towards all you require a reason to shower your grace on someone. For
sugreeva it was hanuman's AsheervAdham, For vibheeshanA it was piratti's
katAksham. And now adiyen has found the reason for you showering your special
grace suddenly on me today!

PErarulAlan: Really! what did you find?

Adiyen: It is due to the limitless happiness you are experiencing that had made
you talk to this worthless jeevatma.

PErarulAlan: What did you do to make me so happy?

Adiyen: na dharmanishtOsmi, na cha atma yOgi, na bhakthimAn dvath
charanAravindyE akinchana: ananyagathi: sharaNyA [neither do I have karma yoga,
jnana yoga or bhakthi yoga Adiyen is helpless and considers you as my soul
saviour Oh! lord] Adiyen doesn't even know to say, "dvath pAdhamoolam sharaNam
prapaththyE" nor do I have the intelligence to cheat you and others posing
myself to be a great bhaktha "thondukkE kOlam poondu"

PErarulAlan: Then what did you do?

Adiyen: Not thinking about the result but due to some poorvasukrudham, your
krupai and sankalpam adiyen stepped into the temple of your dear bhaktha,
bhAgavata sreshta Sri Thirukachchi Nambigal in poovirundhavalli.

PErarulAlan: What made you go there?

Adiyen: What else other than your sankalpam. We heard that the samprOkshanam
has been done recently and the temple glitters with new divine touch.

PErarulAlan: Then come on tell me about your experience there!

Adiyen: Adiyen and Adiyen's husband parked our vehicle and glanced at the
entrance. The gopuram gleamed with divine beauty. The sound of divine
instruments filled the air. We entered the temple with great enthusiasm with
flower garlands (Adiyen made them for the acharya and the emperuman) in our
hand. Though we have already visited the temple earlier this time it was a
special occasion being the 5th day yearly thirunakshatra utsavam of the
acharya's acharya, Sri Thirukachchi Nambigal, the first after the samprOkshanam.

PErarulAlan: hmm! Then

Adiyen: Oh lord! You are listening as if you don't know anything. You are not
only residing in kAnchi but you are the prime deity in this temple also. The
archaka over there told us that Nambigal used to come to kanchi daily to do
fanning (ThiruAlavatta) kainkaryam to you and in his final days due to lack of
strength in his body nambigal was unable to come to your service. Nambigal felt
very bad about it and hence to wipe of his sorrow you came running to
poovirundhavalli amidst the sun's rays to accept nambi's kainkaryam and give
him divya darshanam and hence even today you are seen with a soorya mandalam
around your divine head in that temple.

What an amazing smile you have on your thirumugam? Your bhakthavAtsalyam is
really beyond words.

PErarulAlan: It is true that I am sarva vyApi, sarva sankalpam and hence knows
anything and everything but I always cherish listening to my bhaktha's sweet
words ("elaiya pun kavidhaiyElum empirArkku eniyavArE") and I surrender to the
deep love and prEmai of my beloved bhakthas.

Adiyen: Oh! Lord one bhagavata over there (theerthakArar thirukachchi Nambigal
sannadhi) blessed us with the divine charithram of nambigal and enlightened us
about the great acharya who you choose to talk freely daily.

PErarulAlan: Let me hear what he told you about our dear Nambi.

Adiyen: It is adiyen's bhakyam to repeat a few words about the acharya with
this mouth used to talk only rubbish. Nambigal was born in poovirundhavalli
(today's poonamalee) in the star of mAsi mirugasheerusham [It falls on 29th feb
this year 2004]. Nambigal was not born in a brahmin family but oh! Lord it is
not any disqualification to receive your grace and develop special bhakthi
towards you.

PErarulAlan: Sure those bhagavatas do not have the ahankaram that they are born
in a higher caste and they need not worry about Aacharam or anushtanam they
care only for a pure heart filled bhakthi towards me. They respect the sastras
and the brahmins well versed in the vedas as their masters. And hence they are
near to me. Do you know about the leela I played with dear nAmbi?

Adiyen: Oh yes the bhagavata told us that too.

[The chat will continue in the next posting]

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee
Sumithra Varadarajan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia