You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00125 Feb 2004

AchArya Hrdhyam sUthram 225-5

The Seventh Ten Contd.

Not approahing the Easily Accessible.

"thERRa voNNAdhapadi thORRu, onRi niRkap paNNina palAdhAnam maRRum kaRpAr
izhavilEA suvaRip..."

The extreme ecstasic devotion was displayed by Azhwar in thiruvarangap
padhigam-kangulum pagalum. How was the state of AzhwAr improved? In fact, the
state was not improving at all. The efforts made by the mother, maidens and
friends were in vain. AzhwAr tells them "do not try to console me, my mind is
not at rest here". AzhwAr tries to go to then-thiruppEAr-eyil,. not realising
that this state of affairs is but Lord/s will which she has to bow to. But she
is trying herself to reach Him. This subservience to the Lord- Acting as per
His will and pleasure-also gets lost in this process-pArathanthriyathayum
izhakka.--> veLLaich suri sangodu-thiru voi mozhi 7-3.

The Lord intervened at this stage and appeased AzhwAr's difficulty by showing
His success stories. The success list includes , the valour of measuring the
world, the churning of the ocean and so on. The srEvaishNavites who have lost
themselve in these valour/victory list became the reach of AzhwAr, with whom
AzhwAr merged himself and sustained.
Azhi ezha-thiru voi mozhi 7-4.

Was it just the victories of the Lord that conqured AzhwAr? The simplicity of
the Lord especially during incarnations, the voluntary grace showered by the
Almighty to all those who He deems so, His action of thinking and doing good
for the souls without any reason for whatsoever. AzhwAr feels that ' Oh! what a
Great person. But He is easily accessible. What an opportunity? Oh!. The souls
in this world have lost this chance.Can anybody think or learn anything
else/anybody else other than Him. Alas! they have not approached this easily
approahable great one. What a loss? What a pity? What a commisserative
situation ?" are AzhwAr's feelings.--kaRpAr thiru voi mozhi 7-5.

pAsuram-s:

AzhwAr not wanting to/not consoled

"veLLiach suri sangodu" 7-3;

'nAn ith thani nenjam kAkka mAttEAn, en vasam anRu"-7-3-2--> My mind is not in
my control.
'kaNNa pirAnukku en peNmai thORREAn"-->7-3-5--> I have lost myself to kannan.
'thOzhi mErgAl, annaiyargAL, ennaith thERRA vENdA, nErgaL vuraikkindrAdhu, en
nenju niRaivum enakku ingillai" ==7-3-9-> Do not try to pacify me; my mind is
not at rest here.

The Victory story---Azhi ezha.7-4

'Azhi ezha, sangum villum ezha" 1
'ARu malaikku, edhirndhu Odum oli'---> churning of the ocean;2
'nAnRila.."---> varAham.3
'nALum ezha'--> Consuming and rescuing the worlds.4
'vuNudai mallar'--> bhAratham.5
'pOzhdhu melindha'---narasimham6
'mARu niraithu'--.rAman.7
'nEAr sarindhan'---vAnAsura vadham.8
'anRu man nEr, erikAl'-creating the worlds.9
'mEi nirai kEzh puraLa'---picking up the goverdhanam and rescuing--gOvindhan.10
and finally
'kunRAm edutha pirAn adiyArodum onRi ninRa satakopan'---> AzhwAr merged with
the srEvaishNavic devotees who lost themselves to the victories of the Lord
Almighty.11.

Study about the Lord -The Lord who comes down to us and makes Himself easily
approachable- rescues volunatrily without any reaosn whatsover on our
part.---'kaRpAr'7-5;

'kaRpAr rama-pirAnai allAl--puRpa, pul , eRumbu, Adhi... naRpAlukku
vuithanan'---1--Sri rAma pirAn who descended into this world, led a very simple
life, but salavaged even plants like grass, animals like ants and the people.
Learn about Him.Not anything else.
'nAttai naliyum arakkarai nAdith thadinthittu'--2-He approached the demons
Himself and vanquished them.
'sEAt pAl pazham pagaivan sisupAlan, thiruvadi, thAt pAl' --3- Lord KrishNA
granted salvation to enemies like sisupAlan.
'vAmananAi seidha kUthukkaL kaNdumEA'--6-As vAmanA He removed the problems of
dhEVA clans.
'mAyam aRibavar..'' 9== He helped the pANdavAs -charioteering - what a simple
soul but the greatest one.
'vArthai aRibavar'-10---The bhagwadh gItA -sermon by the Lord Almighty- charama
slokam -is the lesson to be learnt.
'pOrtha piRAppodu, muPPodu, iRappivai pEArthu, perunthunbam vEAraRa nEkki, avan
seiyyum sEamthai eNNi" 7-5-10
The Lord removes birth and death cycles, removes the rebirths, the difficulties
associated with births and takes us to His divine feet. What a great thing.
Everybody should get clarity --theLivu- of mind from this and do not lose this
opportunity by not approaching the easily accessible.
Not approahing the Easily Accessible

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Home Page