You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00045 Feb 2006

sri:
srimathE rAmAnujaya nama:

Humble pranam to all devotees:
Azhvar Thirunagari - Emberumanar Sannidhi Appeal
http://www.vedics.net/appeals/azhvartn/

Dear Devotees: Please accept our Humble Pranam.

Part 1

?Anantha prathamam roopam laxmanasthu thathaH param
Balabhadra thritheeyasthu kalau kasicith bhavishyathi?
To this sloka there is one and only one answer, swAmi
rAmAnujar. EmperumAnAr, as he was addressed
affectionately by thirukkoshityUr nambi for the first
time, took his divine birth in ?chiththirayil seyya
thiruvAthirai? on 1017 CE in the small town of
SrIperumbuthUr. But do you know, even approximately
4000 years before his birth, his divya mamgaLa
vigraham in the form of an Archa was gifted to us, as
?bhavishyad AchArya vigraham? by our kulapathi swAmi
nammAzhwAr him self. The same divyamangala vigraham
was in the thiruvaradhanam of many achAryas and is now
present in AzwAr thirunagari bhavishyad AchAryan
sannidhi. Our pUrVachAryas preserved it as a paithruka
dhanam.

These postings are excerpts from the upanyasam of sri
M. R. Ramanujam.
Adiyen is responsible for the mistakes committed in
this series of postings

= = = = = Continued on part 2  = = = = = = =

Sri Ramanuja's original temple with the divyamangaLa
Vigraham from ~3200 BCE
(first received by Madhurakavi Azhvar) is in need of
your support.
http://www.vedics.net/appeals/azhvartn/

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links