You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00071 Feb 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,
Let us continue to enjoy Thirumangai AzhwArs wonderful
verses on Thiruvenkatamudiayaan.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of
ignorance(a~jnAnam) with his word and who destroys the
Kali dhOsham.

Let us enjoy Periya Thirumozhi 8.2.3 on ThiruvEnkatam.

The mother of Parakala nAyaki goes on to lament about
her daughter's falling crazy after ThirukkaNNapuram
PerumAL in this ten.

In the first verse, AzhwAr says[as Parakala nayaki?s
mother]: The most knowledgeable one- the chief and
director of even Devas- the divine consort of the most
beautiful Periya PiraaTTi- the personification of
Suddha sathvam- the most gorgeous golden like form-
and such Greatest You- why do You need to steal my
daughter?s bangles? What is that which she did: all
that she did is to pay her anjali towards the
direction of your ThirukkaNNapuram. idhenna anyaayam?
(It is unbecoming of such Great You to have stolen her
wrist bangles- .)

(When Sowriraja PerumAL said, "Your girl does not have
the feminine qualities of shyness..., you need to
correct her..", the mother says..) I kept her at the
top of the building (in order not to listen to others'
and get influenced), she looked at all directions and
looked towards ThirukkaNNa pura- she gets excited
looking at that. She yells, "hey! look at
ThirukkaNNapuram" and rejoices at that. She had even
attempted madal oordhal, by falling in love with
ThirunaRaiyoor Nambhi(He is responsible for her
falling in love with Him). This singer (paaNar) is
bent on her such actions of love for Him. What can I
do? (the singer- "paaNar" is supposed to let the lady
join her lover.. by singing love tunes.- Poorvars say
AzhwAr meant AchAryas here as paaNars here.)

'aruvichOr vENGgadam nNIrmalai' eNnRuvaay
veruviNnaaL meyyam viNnavi yirukkiNnRaaL,
'peruguchIrk kaNNa puram'eNnRu pEchiNnaaL
urugiNnaaL, uLmelinN dhaaL idhu veNnkolO!   8.2.3

[our ThiruvEnkatam verse].  My girl babbles saying
"Thiruneermalai, ThiruvEmkatam et al, without knowing
what she is speaking. Thirumeyyam- when she hears she
gets exasperated. She exclaims, "The most wealthiest
ThirukkaNNapuram", she melts at that statement, she
gets thinner and thinner; she suffers languishing.
What a pitiable sight to see my daughter suffering
like this!

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links