You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00113 Feb 2006

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:50 AM
Subject: Thondanur - Part -3 (Last Part) - Sri Yoga Nrusimha and Udayavartemple.

Srihi

Respected Bhagavathas,

http://www.pbase.com/svami/yoga_nrusimha_and_udayavar_temple

As promised this is the Third and Final  temple of Thondannur I am
presenting .

The temple dedicated to Yogananda Nrusimha and Lord Udayavar. This is temple
is in very small hill Lock and it was renovated very recently.

Here Perumal Moolavar is Yogananda Nrusimha with A Nrusimha Dandam. He has Vijayalakshmi in Vrusshastahala. Moovavar Thayar is Yadava Nayaki.

It is said that Prahalada did the Prathistai of this temple.

A separate Sannidhi is dedicated to Our Beloved Udaiyavar. He is seated in Upadesha Mudra. It is a Sthuthai Shilpa.

It is the very same place where our Udaiyavar defeated 1000 Jain Monks in debate.

The History goes like this:- King Vishnuvardhan Embraced Sri Vaishnavism at the feet of Lord Bhashyakarar after his daughter got cured. King and Queen Shantala Devi were Jains originally. This was not liked by Jain Monks, so they challanged the Lord for Debate , Then debate was arranged in Yoga Nrusimha Sannidhi and Udayavar Sat behind a curtain (It is the same spot where the present archai is there) and thousands of Jain monks asked questions and SrI Udaiyavar answered them all back. When someone peeped, he was stunned, because what
he saw was a magnificint sight, he saw a 1000 headed Serpant (Adhi Sesha) seated then and answering all the questions and defating the Jains. Finally all the monks ebraced Srivaishnavism.

Picture details:
2443  Sri Yogananda Nrusimha

2445  Udayavar is Upadesha Mudra

2449   close shots;  please observe the scales of Adhisesha in Udayavar 's thiru-udaram

2451 Sri Paada Darisanam of Udayavar

2452 Udayavar another view Observe the Royal Insinia of Hoysala the Lion and also  Shanku and Chakra in Samaashrayana Mudra. Ithihyam is that Udaiyavar is doing Samaashrayanam for all of us.

2454 is the Madi-Petti of Udayavar; this basket is 1000 years old
Bhattar says. Udaiyarvar brought his madi Vastra peTTi with Him.

2455 Close shot of Udaiyavar.

I spoke with Bhattar  who is looking after this temple and also Gopala
Krishna Temple and he informed that He needs Rs.250 /- per day to perform Pooja ,Neyvediyam and pushpa Kainkaryam for Lord. I am sure you all will come forward and do something for this temple. Our Bretherns living abroad can take up the Pooja for each month and get the Lords Blessings. Those who want to help please contact :

Sri. Raguram Bhattar,
Sri Gopala KrishnaTemple, & Yoga Narasimha Temple,
Kere Thonnur : 571434
Mandya District
Tel:08236 - 251795.Before sending any contribution please collect the
details from Bhattar.

Please visit this place whenever you visit Melkote. Bhattar of all the three
temples live close by only.

I am sure my appeal will reach very wide and you all will vist all the three
temples situated in Thondanur.

Dasan
Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Bhagavad gita Culture Ways of
Sri

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS