You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00128 Feb 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy Thirumangai AzhwArs wonderful
verses on Thiruvenkatamudiayaan.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of
ignorance(a~jnAnam) with his word and who destroys the
Kali dhOsham.

Let us enjoy Periya Thirumozhi 11.3.7 on
ThiruvEnkatam.

In the last ten ParakalanAyaki (ThirumangaiAzhwAr
taking nAyikA bhAvam), now expresses her happiness in
such an urgent tvarai (intense longing) to reach Him
and unite with Him. At least I am blessed to have this
desire to attain Him- says AzhwAr joyously,
languishing for Him, with viraha thApam.

kaNNan manaththuLLE niRkavum, kaivaLaikaL
ennO kazhanRa? ivaiyenna mAyangkaL?
peNNAnOm peNmaiyOm niRka, avanmEya,
aNNal malaiyum arangkamum pAtOmE.      11.3.7

In spite of KaNNan residing in my heart, my bangles
still fall off; I do not know and why does it happen?
We protected our feminity quite well, I think. When
such is the case, will we go singing his Divine names
at all Divya Desams, like the malai [mountain-
Thirumalai], arangam [Srirangam] etc., where He
resides? (Sure we will sing His divine names at these
mountains. That is the reason for our being born is
the meaning)

[Let us enjoy the next verse]
pAdOmE! Enthai perumAnaip* paadi ninRu/
AdOmE? Aayiram pErAnaip* pEr ninaindhu/
choodOmE? Soodum thuzhaayalangaL* soodi naam/
koodOmE? Koodak kuRippaagil nan nenjE!

Oh my friendly mind! Will we not sing the glories of
our sarvEshwaran? Singing His thousand divine names,
to the full satisfaction of our mouths, will we not
dance? Contemplating on His greatest divine names,
won?t we adorn our heads with the most fragrant
thuLasi garland that He has worn? And if we have that
thought alone, will we (who have the desire to unite
with Him) not unite with Him? (Definitely we will.)

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links