You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00047 Jan 2003

Jan 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
Dear Srirangapriya Ramanuja dasan,

Humble pranams to you. Whatever you write brings me an
image of SriRanganatha. Like that Lord you also exhibit "sowhArDham"
in defending the souls whoever it may be. I didn't use any bad words
but raised my voice and as you have pointed out I agree that I was
also doing the wrong thing in the process by shouting at them. I
didn't know what else to do at that time. Thought(in ignorance)that
shouting might bring about a change. There were lot of poor people
who could be pure devotees than I'm(for sure) but didn't get proper
sevai of the Lord. Your personal experiences are always an "eye
opener" for me. Surely your point d is noted in my mind. You have
only said the right thing. Your words remind me of Portia's(to
Bassanio)in Merchant of Venice:"unless we show mercy on our fellow
human beings,we can not expect God to show mercy on us". Hats off to
your knowledge,humility and compassion. Nine centuries have elapsed
since Ramanuja's period. Is it possible for the temples to get back
to the state the way it was during some centuries ago? Do you think
we can achieve the result by being tender and compassionate not only
wrt divya desams but many dealings in this "so called" modern world?
It's a serious question.

AzhvAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE saraNam
NC Nappinnai

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com