You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00107 Jan 2003

Jan 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear bhAgavatas,

adiyEn's praNams. With the 115th sutra in Mumukshuppadi,
the Thirumantra prakaraNam is completed. It has been a
phenomenal journey for me studying this work and making
a weak attempt at translating the great meanings in it.
I hope it has been useful for some of you as well. With
this, adiyEn would like to take a small break of about
a week or two with your permission. I would like to
request that, those who have been reading this series
kindly take the time to re-read the meanings as there
is a treasure trove of information in these sutras.
The work thus far can be read at
http://www.acharya.org/vyakyanam/mumukshuppadi/index.html

In addition, I have loaded the original text of Mumukshuppadi
in tamil font at http://www.acharya.org/grantha/index.html

The next prakaraNam is Dvaya PrakaraNam. If Thirumantram is
mantra rAjam, Dvayam is mantra ratnam. Therefore, we still
have a grand treasure waiting in front of us. adiyEn looks
forward to starting that translation in the next few days.

apacArAnimAn sarvAn kshamasva purushOttama

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan

--

Sri Pillai Lokacharya's
Mumukshuppadi

Sutra:
115. Agath thirumanthraththAl, emperumAnukkE uriyEnAna nAn
enakku uriyananRikkEyozhiya vENum; SarvasEshiyAna
nArAyaNanukkE ellA adimaikaLum seyyap peRuvEnAga
veNumenRathAyiRRu.

Meaning:
Thus, through the Thirumantra it is said that I who have
servitude only to the Lord should avoid being enslaved to
myself; I should gain doing every kind of service to Sriman
Narayana who is the svAmi and natural recepient of this
service.

Sri PBA Swami's Sarartha Deepikai:
Thus, the meanings of the Thirumantra are established.

Pillai Lokacharyar Thiruvadigale Saranam
Azhvar Emperumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan

Mumukshuppadi Sarartha Deepikai Series:
http://www.acharya.org/vyakyanam/mumukshuppadi/index.html