You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00110 Jan 2003

Jan 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

Dear Ramanuja SriVaishanavas

Adiyen wish to bring to your notice about the Annual Utsavam of Nangoor Garuda
Sevai , this year it falls between Feb 1, 2 and 3. By the Grace of Thirumangai
Alwar Adiyen will be there at Nangoor and wish to do some Dhadhearadhana
Kaimkaryam for the Bhagavadas.

The History behind Utsavam is very well connected to Adyayana Utsavam, as you
know our Thirumangai Alwar started the Adyayana Utsavam , by bringing the Archa
moorthy of Nammalwar from Alwar Thirunagari to SriRangam and did the
Thiruvaimozhi ThirunAl, our ThiruArangan (Namperumal) wanted to give some
Bhagumanam to Alwar for this wonderful Utsavam and so He have Alwar, "Manjal
Neerattam", where Namperumal along with Upaya Nachimars used to have Manjal
Thirumanjanam at the river of Cauvery on a "Thai Ammavasai" thirunAl and He
gave that to Alwar.

Alwar used to have that thirumanjanam even when he was alive and there after
SriVaishnavas used to take the Alwar Utsava moorthy from ThiruvAli to SriRangam
and conduct that Utsavam, after some period, a chola King did an Alternative to
this by making a canal from Cauvery river and SriVaishnavas used to Conduct the
Thirumanjanam along the basin of that Canal called "Allivilakam" alias "Manjal
kuli Mandapam".

So you can see every year Alwar used to Mangalasasanam to the NamperumAl and
Alwar's Acharyan , Thirunaraiyur Nambi at the Cauvery river, I dont have any
words to explain about the beauty of that Sevai, you should come and see
Alwar's Thirumuga Mandalam when doing the Mangalasasanam to Namperumal, Oh so
great,

Immediately Alwar does Mangalasasanam at the Nangoor DDs and next day will be
the Garuda Sevai, There used be big churn out for this 11 Garuda Sevai , and
Adiyen wish to inform you about the Kaimkaryam of Dhadheeradhanam we wish to do
the lotus feet of Divya Dhampathy and Kumudavalli Nachiyar Sametha Thitumangai
Alwar.

If you or your relatives plan to attend this Utsavam,pl let us know we can take
care of Food and accomadation,

Also if you wish to take part in this Dhadheeradhana Kaimkaryam pl let me know

Ph no 408 736 1168

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan

Gunaseelan Venkatachary