You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00075 Jan 2004

Jan 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

AchArya Hrdhayam sUthram 221 Contd.

The Third Ten
It was seen that the prime quality of the Lord highlighted in this ten is
omni-presence. It was also noted that though He is spread everywhere, He is not
easily pereceptible due to our limited nature of sensory organs. He is not
affected by the defects of the souls or insentients where He is present.The
Lord grants release from cycle of births to those souls who consider Him as
means and end.
Further,

Text: " nE thandha mA mAya puNar vinaip piRappazhundhi alamruginREAn vEAR
arindhu annAL engu vandhu thalaip peivan enRu kazhithup pugum thankAdhalukkum
sathrusamAga kaNdu koL ennum..................................."

could have striven to go near Him. However, we accumulated more and more sins
which repeatedly made us to go into the physiques again and again. We sowed
only the way to enter the bodies often but never understood the means to get an
eternal release.
After A point of time, AzhwAr yearned for Him. The longing for His nearness,
the longing for kainkaryam went on and on. Can I at any time reach YOu? is the
question by AzhwAr. The indifference towards this world associated with the
physical self emerges. The desire by AzhwAr that the physique should be shorn
off and the service to Lord's divine feet should be made and
The Lord's gesture of giving even Lord's abode to AzhwAr are also highlighted
in this ten.

pAsuram-s:

"annAL nE thandha Akkayin vazhi vuzhalvEAn"-----> thiru voi mozhi 3-2-1------>
I have followed
the deeds as per the desire of the physique instead of using it for nearing YOU.
"pala pala mAyap pal piRaviyil padiginRa yAn"---->thiru voi mozhi 3-2-2------>
I have been submerged in various type of births.

"pollA Akkaiyin puNar vinai aRukkal aRA" ---> thiru voi mozhi 3-2-3---> The
physique is temed as bad as it is pushing one into repeated births.

" ennAL yAn vunnai ini vandhu kUduvanO"----> thiru voi mozhi3-2-1---> When will
I come and reach You?
"enginith thalaip peivanEa"----> thiru voi mozhi 3-2-9---> When Will I approach
You?

"kAyam kazhithu avan thALiNaik kEzh pugum kAdhalan" ----> thiru voi mozhi
3-9-8--> The desire of AzhwAr to shorn off this physical body and reach Lord's
divine feet and enjoy His auspicious qualities.
"vAnavar nAttaiyum nE kaNdu koL ennum"--->thiru voi mozhi 3-9-9------> The Lord
grants even His abode for the ultimate kainkaryam desired by Azhwar, whcih is
apt to both their characteristics.
(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Home Page