You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jul 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00013 Jul 2003

Jul 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear sri Krishna

This is not a problem, I have scanned in 100 year old texts.
Because the quality is not that great, I first make a photocopy using
some of the advanced copiers and then scan that. This gives a very
good quality (compared to the original). Once i scan them, I save them
to PDF using Acrobat. The resulting files are very compact and easy to
view across platforms. Once the setup is done, it took me about less
than 1mnt per page (with a feeder its much easier).

The problem with some ofthe old tamil books on Sri Viashnavam, is they
are mixed with grantham, sanskrit and telugu. So an OCR is close to
impossible for these books. If I were you, I would recommend using PDF
for storing the scanned texts. this preserves the original font face
and all the characteristics of the original print.

please see:

http://www.srivaishnava.org/rare

The text of interest is the GPP 6000.

Iam in the process of scanning a 1909 publication of Sri
Vaccanabhushanam along with commentaries by Sri Manavala mamuni and
Sri Tirunarayanpuratt ay, one of Sri manavala mamuni's teachers.

thanks
adiyEn
venkatesh elayavalli
http://www.srivaishnava.org

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "krishna kashyap" <kkalale1@xxxx>
wrote:
> How can anyone scan in old texts. That way we can store the info.
> If you can find out what tools are needed and how one can do that it
> will be great
>
> krishna

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia