You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jul 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00104 Jul 2005

Jul 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Embar tree is around 1000 years old.
They are Swayamacharya purushas and they do samashranams to
a lot of people who are not necessarily brahmins.

The story started when 1000 years back, a person close to tanjavur king had a request (his acharya has to come to city).

The embar acharya comes only to places which are associated with perumal or divyadesam.

So the king made a small village near tanjavur and associated with a divya desam

this is the story of embar tree.
One of my friends's family in triplicane is an embar
He is in the Vedics - chennai.

Name Prof Rangachary from Singarachari Street

He can give more data about Embar

laxman srinivas <laxmansrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA

dear group members

it is through HIS divine grace that i am able to
contact the fellow members of our group for the first
time. my humble pranams to everybody.

Can somebody enlighten me and give in much specific
detail about SRI EMBAR and HIS SISHYA PARAMPARA TREE
TILL THE PRESENT CONTEMPORARY ACHARYAS.(from SRI
EMBAR TO PRESENT CONTEMPORARY ACHARYAS).

ADIYEN
L.SRINIVASAN

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE! http://in.mail.yahoo.com

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!
http://in.mail.yahoo.com

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com