You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00064 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimathE RAmAnujAya nama:

Dear Sri Sridhar,
Please don't think that I am cross questioning. I have a
sincere desire to seek the truth.

> apourusEya means that the shruthis do not have an author or an
> originator, not even the Lord. They exist independently along with
> Eeshwara. They are described as realized (discovered) by r'shis as
> the absolute description of the Supreme brahman (if they come out
of
> perumAL's mouth, they lose their independent status as the absolute
> truth). The vEdas are verily described as the breath (shwAsa) of
> Brahman, meaning that they have concomitant existence.

This question I posed before to HH Sri Jeeyar,HH sais vEdAs are the
breath of God. The foll. is HH's answer.

"Lord Krishna said Ultimate Goal of Vedas is to show Him and the lead
the soul to know Him and be in His service with Love and devotion. He
is the essence of the Vedas. Vedas are not created by any one.
Vedas,God (Srimannarayana),Souls are all beginningless and Endless.
Vedas are not compilations. They are Divine Sounds having
relationship with the Universal Truths.You can see our answer about
Apourusheyas posted earlier. They might have been written in script
form and presented on one day by Great Rishis. Vedas are a presenting
the existing Truths. God revealed them to Bramha when Bramha was
first created by Him. No body knows the origin of Vedas. Vedas
doesn't contain anything of their author. Lord
himself says that he revealed them, expounded them".

But HH Sri Jeeyar also says that nobody knows the origin of the vedas
and I'm not able to get this in connection with the co-existence of
Narayana,vedas,jIvAtmA. When you say you don't know the origin,how
can you say/conclude that they are beginningless(origin itself is not
known which means whether they existed forever/somethingelse). Truly
speaking these vEdAs confuse a person like me. It's like saying that
knowledge and ignorance co-exist. How Sriman Narayana breaths? We
need air to breathe. How will you explain all this? It's my sincere
question,so don't laugh at it. Because students(college/univ)ask all
kinds of possible questions,we have to give a convincing
answer,otherwise they don't want to come near scriptures. One of my
friend(who is an iyengar boy)told me casually saying that he has
reserved bhaja govindam and other stuff after the age 60. I consider
him as my bro(let Narayana bless him)and I asked him what's the
guarantee that he is going to live till 60. Uncertainly principle of
quantum mechanics rules(nature poses uncertainty). He told me that I
was being a bit harsh but he told me he didn't take it seriously as
he considers me as his siter.

But anyways I have total faith in PerumAL.

> > The words 'Desikar' in verse 36 and 57 does not refer
> > to Swami Desikan. If someone says so, he needs to
> > recaliberate his Tamil grammer. It is used not as a
> > proper noun. It is rather used as a common noun. The
> > rough meaning of word 'Desika' is 'great and saintly
> > person'
> >

> The term dEsikA in sanskrit simply means 'spiritual guide' or
> master. While it is not a Tamil word (and may have nothing to do
> with grammar therein), it is commonly used as a term of respect for
> Acharyas in maNipravALam.

You could be right,but I've heard that NDP has 75% of samskrt words
only the syntax/grammar is tamizh. I don't know how authentic what I
heard

AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE saraNam
gita
> aDiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan,
>
> sridhar

Home Page