You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00099 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:

Dear sri varadarajan,
I thought I will share my little understanding on
this! I don't think there is pApa/puNya in our SriVaishNava
sampradAyam. Take the example of SisupAlan: he had such an enmity
towards PerumAL that he was doing japam on KrSNA but still PerumAL
granted him mOkshA. Acc. to prabhupAda's interpretation,it's because
of sisupAlan's nAma japam that he was granted mOkshA. But we don't
believe in that! We are of the view that if PerumAL wants to grant
mOkshA HE will,if not HE will not. Even when we choose Him,it's again
because of His mercy that we choose Him! We don't choose Him on our
own! We are mere tools! I was tempted to say something in relation to
charama slOkam but I could be wrong. I leave it to the scholars to
give better explanation.

If something is wrong in my interpretation,I request the devotees to
forgive and also correct me.

AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE saraNam
nappinnai

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com