You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00059 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Priya Bhagawatas,
We are all tiniest of the kids and remain so throughout our life in front of
Lord Srimannarayana and Nityasoori brundam. Just as a mother not only excuses
her child but enjoys its talking with loss of clarity, grammar, pronunciation
etc., Perumal and His parivaaram enjoy our chanting and excuse us for our
mistakes while chanting the Divya Prabandham or any stothram; but it is
our duty to ask for the apologies at the end for our ignorance like
"Mantraheenam, kriya heenam Bhaktiheenam Janardhana.................and
Yadakshara padabrahstam maatra heenantu yadbhaveth tatsarvam kshamya ta devam
naarayana namostutey." But from time to time we also should put some efforts to
correct ourselves slowly. Thus instead of not chanting at all on the pretext of
possible errors, it is better to continue chanting and ask for apologies at the
end, as nobody what ever experienced one may be cannot guarantee 100% accuracy
in chanting

Jai Srimannarayana

Dr.Kilambi Ramakrishna Ramanuja Dasan