You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00097 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

        SrImathE Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear Bhagavathas,

Last week i had the good Fortune of visiting the sacred Divya Kshetram
of Naimisaaranyam.When i reached there by bus,it happened to be
some fair/festival time at that place and a lot of devotees had come there.

This is a typical rural village in Northern Uttar pradesh with
a serene atmosphere.There are many temples in this divya kshetram.
There are good facilities for accomadation and prasadam at the Ahobila Madam
and the Balaji temple so i did not face any problem.All the
temples are near so i could cover all temples just by walk and it was a
a very nice experience in the morning.

It was a long felt desire for me to visit Naimisaranyam as my mother
used to tell me about the mahimai of this place and she herself was not able to
visit it..I had a conversation with the svami's at Ahobila madam
and they mentioned about many Bhagavathas finding it difficult to visit
this Divya Desam.

Based on my visit and my talk with a local friend's father who are
natives of this place i have compiled some information on the web
about this Kshetram and hope Bhagavathas may find it useful for their
trip to this Divya Desam.This is located at

http://www.geocities.com/naimisaaranyam

adiyen Ramanuja dasan
Venkat S Iyengar

Home Page