You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00099 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Regarding the nature of God

The Vedas declare that the ultimate reality is - yatha vAco nivartante
aprApya manasA saha - It is that from which mind together with speech recoil
- It is incomprehensible and ineffable - nothing definitive can be said
about It and certainly the human mind is incapable of comprehending It - we
can only think of It in vague terms of reference that we have of our own
limited world. So whatever we say about God is provisional and limited. We
therefore accept the teachings of the Vedas on this matter. We can only
surrender to the magnitude and infinitude of THAT.

Sri Rama Ramanuja Acharya

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com