You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00038 Mar 2004

Mar 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sri vaishNava perunthagaiyeer

When a person can be called a decent man?

You, all, will react to this question saying
*       when he exhibits good and pleasing manners, etiquette etc, when he is
being approached by an unknown person like you and me,
*       when he talks in simple language in courteous manner to us when some
questions are put to him by us when we approach him,
*       when he is neatly dressed,
*       when he appears to be well educated,
*       when he is gentle in his actions

But can a person be called a decent man for he is looking at one girl? Thattoo
when she describes
*       I am being looked at by him curiously,
*       he also looks at my thighs,
*       he also looks at my breasts, the young and tender ones which I carry".

Perhaps, if it is present days or modern times, such a person will be
immediately booked for damaging the modesty of a young women, or, for "eve
teasing" under Cr PC sections. Immediately on the other side a big commotion
would set in by women's associations and organisations.

But the same girl, who first said he looks at me, as stated above, certifies
him as he is very decent - very civilized, says "he is naagarikar". Also adds
he is beautiful and very young, for he also entered my house and then only does
all these.

Perhaps she also wants that she should be looked at like that. The only thing
she is afraid of is "what my mother will think when she sees this personlooking
at me and my body parts?"

Dear bhakthaas, you all now wonder what this man wants to write that too
inserious lists like srirangasri et al, a cinema scene? May be - if filmed it
will be quite entertaining in its real sense. Before accusing me read on.

Now a doubt comes whether what she says is false [as a decent man - naagarigar]
or the maintenance that she is afraid of her mother is false, for she goes on
to describe how beautiful he is. If she is afraid of mother why should she go
on and on to describe him.

For this is all stated by thirumangai aazhvaar in his paasurams. The
personlooking at the girl is none other than my krishNa, the girl looked at is
none else than the aazhvaar.

Now read more -
"thOzhee, ennaiyum nOkki en algulum nOkki
Enthu iLam kongaiyum nOkkuginRaar
annai en nOkkum enR anjuginREn"

"nambar nam illam pugundhu ninRaar, naagarigar, peridhum iLaiyar".

The reference is 9-2 -1 and 4 of the thirunaagai aazhvaar paasurams in his
periya thirumozhi.

Dear bhakthaas, see here, is the 'certificate' for that decent man. Also heis
nambar - nam anbar - our dear man - or a royal 'we' - he is my 'man'.

Now I understand why he is described such - for I also love him - so he becomes
decent in spite of looking at differently in different places of my body - he
is very young one also - so may be the paarvai - the looking is nishkalangam -
with no blemishes.

Ok, let him see me in whatever way he wants or wherever he wants. No
inhibitions on my part in exposing myself to himfor he is nambar. For that also
gives me a chance to see him more and describe him. I will not stop describing
him. So goes on - as "achchO oruvar azhagiyavaa" - oh, a beautiful person.

Dear bhakthaas, already we saw his beauty is the medicine for all types of ills
for us - so let us enjoy more of his beauty.

pon ivar mEni - gold has become his body

min maragadhaththin pongu iLam jOthi agalaththu aaram - the haaram - the
ornament hanging in the chest has a green gem - maragatham - dazzles in
lightgreen shine

min ivar vaayil nal vEdhamOdhum - that min - glittering can also be added here
- glittering mouth utters the different vEdhaas - vEdham Odhum or vEdham mOdhum
- both are apt - these vEdhaas desire to go into his mouth and come out as
uttered by him - so they rush to go in and come out dashing against each other
- so vEdham mOdhum vaai.

senchudar aazhiyum sangum Endhi - the hands carry the conch and the radiantwheel
kaiyana aazhiyum sangum Endhi - meaning same as above

paadaga melladiyaar vaNanga - paadagam named jewel is in the soft lotus petal
feet which are being worshipped by his devotees. Also melladiyaar - menmaiyaana
bhakthaas - once transformed into his bhakthaas they become soft innature - so
also melladiyaar - they worship those feet which adorns the paadagam - an
ornament like that kazhal. [aaNdaaL also refers this paadagam -"soodagamE thOL
vaLaiyE thOdE sevip poovE paadagamE enRu anaiya palkalanum" in her "koodaarai"
paasuram]

panmaNi muththodu ilangu jOthi aadagam pooNdu oru naangu thOLum - the four
shoulders having aadagam named jewel - [thOL vaLai for aaNdaaL] in all 4
shoulder parts, several gems and pearls glitter in these jewels.

now comes the real description - iv vaiyagam ellaam thaayina naayagar aavar- he
is the mother for all this world and galaxies, also the head or father of all
clan - [see the gender goes put - whether male or female - for he is the
mother, when said as father he then is male - mother means female - what
exactly he is? Both combined or neither - [now comes the description by way of
a rescue - nammaazhvaar paasuram - aaNum allan peNNum allan, aliyum allan]

vambavizhum thuzhaai maalai thOL mEl - the shoulders also carries the
vaijayanthee garlands - the thuLasee garlands.

sem pavaLam ivar vaayin vaNNam - the red coral is the colour of his mouth.

ivaradhu uruvam sollil am pavaLaththiraLEyum oppar - just to describe his body
- then can call as a beautiful coral reef - [please note - first it is gold hue
- yellow, now coral red]

see next - ivar vaNNam eNNil maa kadal pOnRu uLar - just to think of his colour
- he is like the big ocean - blue ocean - [colour changed from gold yellow to
red to blue]

once more another colour - anjana maamalaiyEyum oppar - he is also like
theblack hill of collerium -kaajal black- the black substance applied to eyes
to enhance beauty of the eyes.

aNikezhu thaamaraiyanna kaNNum angaiyum pankayam - the eyes and the palms are
lotus

How he came - anjiraip puLLUm onRu Eri vandhaar - he came on a bird as his
transport means.
Who is this - maal irum Olai maNaaLar- the sundharan who resids in
thirumaalirum sOlai,

Or is it neermalaiyaar - that person living in thiruneermalai - near chennai-

Finally see the words- maNdi Or aalilaip paLLi koLLum maayar - sleeping in a
single leaf of the banyan tree covering the full leaf, such a magician - he ate
the whole world but lies in a small banyan leaf - is it not magic?

- annamum kEzhalum meenumaaya aadhiyai naagai azhagiyaarai -
that old stuff which became the swan, the boar, and the fish - that beautiful
lady who is in naagai - the gender now in confusion - is it or appears so - yes
- once immersed into his beauty - all senses goes. So rules do not apply there
- so first a male - next azhagiyaar- a female beauty- that is why even if he
sees the breasts or thighs - it is welcome.

You can decide whether it is ok if he looks at you like described here - isit
decency? Or want to feel shy - or all gone when he looks at.
Oh, what if somebody mocks at - for his kataaksham is more worth than all these
fragile words of common folks. So can I get that decent man's look on me -
kidaikkumaa andha decent nOkku on my chest, achO oru azhagiyavaa - krishNa
krishNa the beauty.

Dhasan

Vasudevan m.g.

Home Page