You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00053 Mar 2004

Mar 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Adiyen

"Forgiveness" in Sanskrit is ksha-maa - ksha meaning to decrease and maa
meaning to measure. When we forgive someone, it is not for their sake but
for ours. As long as we do not forgive wrongs and offences committed against
us we remain connected to that person karmically - there is a
"runa-anubandha". When we forgive, we decrease the measure of our connection
with that individual and so liberating ourselves from karmic connection and
future suffering. So forgiving necessarily is accompanied by forgetting!

Dasoham

Sri Ram

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia