You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00059 Mar 2004

Mar 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Sri Vara Vara MunayE Namaha

Sri VanAchala mahA munayE Namaha

"Srimad yatheendra varayOgi padAbhja brunkam

Sri vAnasaila munivarya dayaikka pAthram

vigyAdha vEda sikarOjvala tattvabhOdham

rAmAnujam kalijitham munimAsrayAma:"

Dear bhagavatas,

Our revered HH Sri Kaliyan swamy has successfully returned back after his
yathra to North India. Adiyongal were blessed to do danda pranAmams to swamy
today and accept his Sri pada theertham and blessings. We felt it to be our
prime duty to let all of you (disciples/aptha bandhus of vanamamalai mutt) that
Swamy with full mental satisfaction and immense pleasure has completed his
journey and has returned back with good health. Swamy during the yathra visited
brindavan and then according to the request of bhagavatas in Delhi visited
Delhi and stayed there for 10 days. During that time swamy blessed many
bhagathas and did panchasamskarams to many . Then swamy had to visit a place
near Ayodhya for a special occasion. From where swamy proceeded his journey
towards calcutta and then to mayapur (the head quarters of ISKCON). In Mayapur,
a gathering of many sanyasees under the leadership of our jeeyer swamy was
organised. Swamy said, "Adiyen considers it a matter of pride for both adiyen
and our mutt for adiyen, a madAdhipathi from south being requested to lead over
the gathering of sanyasi of the North".

Today (16th March) swamy blessed disciples in thiruvallikeni and did
panchasamskarams to nearly 7. Then a press conference under the head of swamy
was organised to discuss about the present thirumala issues. In the evening
swamy visited the madras university where a two day grand Seminar on "Life and
Works of Sri Pillilokacharya" was organised by the Department of vaishnavism,
Madras University and Sri Vaishnava Sri, Trichy. Swamy ended the seminar with
his anugraha bhAshanam. The seminar was out the world with so many scholars who
talked about the great acharya pillai lokacharya. Ofcourse, as all the scholars
and bhagavatas gathered finally felt two days is a too short period to talk
about the greatness of pillai ulagariyan. "Anyway the seminar turned out to be
a grand success when compared to all other seminars organised earlier on Sri
Parasara bhattar, Sri periya vachan pillai, Sri pillai lokam Jeeyer, Sri
nanjeeyer, Sri nampillai by Vaishnavism department and Sri Vaishnava Sri with
so many bhagavatas filling the auditorium" happily declared Dr. Sri M.A.
Venkatakrishnan swamy in the end of the seminar. Jeeyer swamy's ending talk
gave the occasion a paripoorthi. What to say about swamy's divine grace and
untiring service to establish and spread our Srivaishnava sampradaya to one and
all.

The occasion was accompanied with the display of all sampradic books published
by Sri Vaishnava Sri. Books on more than 250 topics were on the display. Hats
off to Sri Krishnamachariyar swamy who works day in and day out for the
rakshanam of sampradayic works. Adiyen is unable to convey the joy,
gratefulness and immense pleasure thinking about the kainkaryams of the various
scholars and acharyas for our sampradayam with mere words but still trying
share a little bit with you all.

Any mistakes may be please be pardoned.

Adiyen ramanuja dAsan/dAsee

Varadarajan/Sumithra Varadarajan