You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00028 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Swamy,
I am trying to understand this concept using an analogy. Please let me
know if this is correct.
In chemistry, they say that all the chemical elements are built using
the building blocks namely the nucleus, proton, electron and nuetron.
As a proton, electron and nuetron is added to a nucleus, Hydrogen
comes up(at least that is what they say). Adding one more set of these
makes it Helium. Is mUla-prakrthi something like this proton,
electron, nuetron and nucleus package from which every other of the
24(25?) achith tattvams are formed?
Kindly explain.

adiyEn
rAmAnuja dAsan
--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Padmanabhan" <aazhwar@...> wrote:

> True. All the three thathvam-s as per our philosophy are eternal.
However, both chith and achith are subject to transformation. Achith
becomes subtle and gets expanded . However, it is permanent.

> Similarly, the Atman undergoes transformation by taking births and
rebirths and entering various forms of bodies.-muRai muRai Akkai pugal
-thiru-vAi-Mozhi 5-1- 6
> It is also in subtle state when EmperumAn decide to keep all the
souls in His belly  to save us from unending cumulative effect of the
sins -thAyikrukkum vaNNamEA vummaith than vayithiruthi vuyyak koNDAn-
Periya Thriumozhi 11-6-6;

> What perhaps, Sri Patangi must have meant is, bringing the expanded
form of prakruthi from the subtle state .Likewise, creating
-paDaithal- is giving physical structure to the souls -annAL nE
thandha Akkai -Thiru-vAi Mozhi 3-2-1;

> From the write ups of Sri Mukundan Pattangi and Sri Mani VaradaRajan
svAmi, it must be more clear now regarding prakruthi/mUla prkruthi

> dASan
> vanamamalai padmanabhan

Service.

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links