You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00055 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy AzhwArs wonderful verses on
Thiruvenkatamudaiyaan. Now after Thirumangai AzhwAr
anubhavam, we have reached the Chief among AzhwArs-
the Only AzhwAr who is also in Acharya paramparai of
Srivaishnavam- namely NammAzhwAr.

let us enjoy His divinely majestic and most wonderful
Thiruvaymozhi verses.

Before that, let us contemplate on NammAzhwAr [Sri
SatakOpamuni?s] divine lotus feet

BhakthAmrutham viswa janAnumodhanam
sarvArthatham Sri Satakopa Vaangmayam
sahasra SaakOpanishadh samAgamam
namAmyaham Draavida Vedha Saagaram

Meaning ): adiyEn salutes the ocean of Tamizh Vedam ,
which is of the form of Sri SaThakOpan's vaak
(speech/aruLiccheyalkaL). These are linked to the
thousand upanishads and includes in them all the deep
meanings (Taathparyams)of Tatthva-Hitha-PurushArthams
and artha Panchakam. They are nectar to the minds of
the devotees of Sriman NaarAyaNan and they enjoy it
with relish as aparyAthAmrutham [insatiable amirtham].

Today?s ThiruvEnkatam verse is: Thiruvaaymozhi 2.6.9.

endhaaythaNthiruvENGkadaththuL
ninRaay_ilaNGkaiseRRaay, maraamaram
paindhaaLEzuruvavoru vaaLikOththavillaa,
kondhaar_thaNNandhuzaayinaayamuthEunnaiyennuLLEkuzaiththavem
maindhaa, vaanERE yiniyeNGkuppOkinRathE.        2.6.9

9. My Father! The One who stands at the Cold
TiruvEnkata mountain! The One who destroyed LankA! The
One who is capable of sending the arrow through seven
trees! The One who wears the ThirutthuzhAy (thuLasi)
garlands! You, the sweetest Nectar, have mixed
yourself completely with me. The Chief of dEvAs! Where
else can You go now?

NammAzhwAr in the sixth Paasuram has mentioend about
the ancient nature of Narasimhan by saluting him as
"munnaik kOLariyE mudiyAthatennenakkE". Oh The most
ancient One standing before me ! Oh PurAdhanA ! What
would be impossible for me from now on ? The Key words
here are " Munnaik kOLariyE ". kOLari is Narasimhan .
Munnai means munnorukkAl , in the most ancient time
,when You came down from Sri Vaikuntam  and appeared
as PrahlAda Varadan. My heart is desirous of seeing
Your Adbhutha , PurAdhana Adhi mUlam at Sri Vaikuntam,
Your original, permanent abode says AzhwAr longingly.

That Paramapadha nAthan is this Lord Srinivasan of
Thirumalai. He is none other than the Lord of
Srirangam.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards

http://mail.yahoo.com

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links