You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - May 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00059 May 2002

May 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

15.5.2002

Om Namo Narayanaya
Sriman Naryana Charanow Saranam Prapadhye
Azhwar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

Dear Srivasihnavites:

It is again and again becoming painful to see slanging matches between the group members on Thengalai-Vadagalai controversies. It is a known fact that Vadagalai sect people do not miss any opportunity to run down Thengalai sect people for extraneous considerations. They have to learn live with the difference of opinion existing between the two sects. It has been well refuted and documented by Sri PBA Swamigal about the false propaganda indulged by Vadagalai sects. If somebody feels that he could not cover the entire spectrum and left out certain inconvenient things as is made out, better contact Sri Puthur Swamigal, who is a legend on this subject and get clarified. There is no point in running away from the arguments by telling that you want to close down the chapter. Anybody's comment is open to analysis and one should be prepared to get educated. After all, we are all trying to learn Srivaishnava philosophy in totality and try to live in that way to the extent possible. By accepting your mistake and misconceptions you can earn the respect of other sects and not by casting motives. Any scholar is open to analysis. A Scholar is not super human being. For that matter, can we accept whatever scholars of Saiva or other sects say about us.

Please think cautiously before uttering words. It is not an advice but a humble opinion of a student belonging to Srivaishnava Sampradayam.

Please forgive me for this noting as I am not a scholar. But as a student I always try to learn many new things and would like to have clarifications.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan
Muralidharan Iyengar

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia