You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2001

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00066 Nov 2001

Dear Sri Mohan Sagar,SrI Mukundan Pattangi and other Bhagavathas,

I am very glad to note about the projects regarding
the establishment of Sri Ramanuja University and the Svami Manavala
Mamunigal Thiruvarasu project.I would request authorities to also
consider/explore the possibility of involving the Divya desa
kaimkaryam efforts( to provide for basic minimum daily necessities
involving the 20 or so Divya Desams which are in a very bad condition
) along with this.There are many efforts underway regarding(many
bhagavathas in this list are involved) this but if we can draw up a
plan /scheme such that before 2017 all Divya desams have sustained
sources of support and are in a good condition then it would be a more
satisfying celebration in 2017.It is said that Svami Emberumanar
continually used to recite

Sriman! SriRanga Sriyam anupadravam anudinam Samvardaya

during his stay at Melkote.

( Oh Lord Please sustain and enhance the richness of Sri Rangam
( Here SrI Ranga SrI refers to all the 108 Divya desams)
day after day)

I agree with SrI Mukundan Pattangi that WE SHOULD ALL contribute
towards these projects according to our 'shakti'.I find it ironical
that our generation which is financially more comfortable as compared
to the earlier generations is finding it difficult (or at least it
seems so!) to sustain and maintain our heritage-the Divya Desams were
in a resonably good shape about 30 years ago.

adiyen Ramanuaja dasan
venkat S Iyengar

--- In ramanuja@xxxx, "Mohan Sagar" <msagar@xxxx> wrote:
> Respected Ramanuja Bhaktas,
>
> One of the primary goals of the International Ramanuja Society, the
> educational and humanitarian organization that is based here in
Denver,
> has been to participate in the construction of this Ramanuja
University,
> with the intent to inaugurate this University by 2017, the 1000th
> thirunakshatram of Bhagavad Sri Ramanuja. I would be honored if the
> respected members of the project Committee were to utilize our
> organization as a conduit for support from the USA.
>
> Mukundan, as you are also a member of the Society, I would
appreciate it
> if you would serve as a contact between ourselves and this learned
group
> of scholars and Acharyas.
>
> adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
> Mohan