You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00088 Nov 2002

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA
APPAN THIRUVADIGALE SARANAM

Dear Bhagavathas, Accept my pranam

Regarding question as message 14 in digest 358.

A lengthy posting has been contributed to this group on Prapatti. Adiyen would
request Geetha Rengarajan to go through it and ask for further clarifications.
Followers of Emperumanar dharsanam do not consider prapatti as an ;?Upaya? or
nobody else other than Emperuman .Their contention is Upaya and Upeya is
Emperuman only. We should have absolute faith in him and that is enough. Once
you have surrendered to one acharyan you have become a Srivaishnava and Acharya
will guide you. No more surrender is necessary.

2.Regarding the postion of Piratti. In Srivaishnava philosophy, there is room
for only one Brahmam or Easwara. There is no room for another Easvara thathva.
If it is desired to equate Piratti to the status of another Easvara or easvari
then, the entire edifice of our philosophy will be shaken. Nithyasooris have
the power of Emperuman; but, they cannot create the world. They are also fall
in the jiva groups.

Piratti occupies an unique position in our philosophy. She is the Acharyan for
all other Jivvas. Emperuman is her Acharya. Further she is inseparable from
Emperuman. If she is equated with an ordinary jeeva toiling in samsara, then
only it should be worried. Her dignity, position and importance are in NO way
affected by considering her as a jeeva.

Adiyen Ramanuja dasan, T.Parthasarathy.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia