You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00094 Nov 2002

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear Sri Padmanabhan and others,

Thanks for your input on the question of Azhvar pasurams
and references to Sri Krishna's role past Kamsa vadham.

AdiyEn wanted to make one small correction. I think I
might have used the wrong choice of words in my post.
I did not mean that Sri Krishna's leelas post kamsa
vadham were ignored by the Azhvars or that they should
be relegated to the background. In fact the third
rahasya from the Rahasyatrayam which is most important
to us ("mumukshuvukku aRiya vENdiya rahasyam mUnRu"),
comes from the Bhagavad Gita.

However, based on Sri Nanjeeyar's statement about
Srivaishnavas, and the amount of immersion that
Azhvars showed in His leelas prior to Kamsa vadham,
adiyEn thought that I would speculate that it is due
to the great exhibition of His souseelya and sowlabhya
guNas in Gokulam.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan

Home Page